Rocker Panels for 4 door Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dansic

Reaction score
I am looking for FULL rocker panels for 4 door 91-99 Tahoes. Everything I have found sold is only for the 2 door trucks, or the front 2 doors basically. They make FULL panels for the suburban's, but I don't know if I can use those. I know the rear doors on the tahoes and suburbans are different, so I assume the rockers are different. What do I need to buy to get a full panel? Once I have them I can run a walk through for replacing them.

Rocket Surgeon

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Likely the suburban rocker panel is the same shape except where the tahoe rear door ends. You would need to perhaps do a jy crawl and compare. I would think you could cut suburban panels to fit a tahoe... afterall, any rocker panel needs cut to fit and weld in, unless you are just "covering the bad"

Dansic

Reaction score
The panels are not the same shape in the rear at all. Not to mention the length. They cant really be modified to work because of the differently shaped doors. I already tried that. I have looked everywhere and called many aftermarket companies and come to the conclusion that no one makes full panels for 4 door Tahoes. They only make the slip on style panels and those are pointless to repair rust. I'm also amazed that I can't find anyone else in need of rockers for the Tahoes. Does no one fix them? Am I just not seeing the posts about the lack of aftermarket support for them? I mean for christ sake, they made millions of the things. Surely there's a market for them...

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The panels are not the same shape in the rear at all. Not to mention the length. They cant really be modified to work because of the differently shaped doors. I already tried that. I have looked everywhere and called many aftermarket companies and come to the conclusion that no one makes full panels for 4 door Tahoes. They only make the slip on style panels and those are pointless to repair rust. I'm also amazed that I can't find anyone else in need of rockers for the Tahoes. Does no one fix them? Am I just not seeing the posts about the lack of aftermarket support for them? I mean for christ sake, they made millions of the things. Surely there's a market for them...
*&^%'ing Chinese for not having a solution to your problem. lol But there's your million dollar idea, after you have dies made to stamp them on and pay for the manufacturing process, it might only take selling 100k copies before you break even. You might even break even during your lifetime.....if the demand was there.

Seriously, salvage yard is about the only option.

Last edited: