RKE issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dantech

Reaction score
Hi all, first time posting, but I’ve been lurking for a while, and found lots of great information here.

Anyone ever have any battery drain issues from the RKE module (remote door lock control module)? And is it available new anywhere, or does anything from another GM product interchange?

Back story, when I bought my ‘00 the power door locks and interior lights didn’t work, and I had no key fob. I had most of the interior out over the winter, and when I had my head under the dash, I found the RKE module unplugged, and the door lock relay unplugged. I plugged them both back in and I get partial operation. Interior/dome lights work from all door switches with the ignition on. With ignition OFF they come on, but do not turn off. Door locks attempt to work, but get weaker with each attempt.
I hadn’t thought too much about it and figured I’d get around to it when I install a remote start.
For the past couple days I’ve had a battery drain issue, could also be a 10yr old sulphated battery, but I noticed when I attempted to start it the interior lights pulsed as the starter solenoid clicked. I did a little research and found out that interior lighting control is part of the RKE module. I thought it may be worth while popping a new RKE module in and getting some key fobs to see if that fixes my interior light and power door lock issues.