Riggs - My 2000 Chevy 3500 4x4 CCLB work truck and family play machine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Peak torque of the 350 comes in at 3200, pretty close to where the 454 peaks at. If you want to start with the 350 table run it as is and log for knock. If you find any, it won't be much.
I just snuck a look at your base table, it is almost exactly the same at the base 5.7.
I think that answers the question as to where to start.!

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I just snuck a look at your base table, it is almost exactly the same at the base 5.7.
I think that answers the question as to where to start.!

It's possible I just started with a 5.7 base table (and would make sense too as it's likely to be less lazy than a big block table). I've slept multiple times and drank a lot of beer since then. I just know it worked and thinking back I recall dumping quite a bit of timing into it and the motor really starting to wake up from it, but I burn 91 cuz I like to party (this was before the blower).

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know what the problem has been. There… fixed.

You must be registered for see images attach

In other news flashed my new tune 2.0. Uses the 5.7 base timing and a modified 8.1 VE table, amongst the usual housekeeping items, but added the black box cranking timing. Starts nicer now. Going to drive it this week and start logging and get the VE and MAF in better shape.

Also added some LS plug boots, #2 and #7 don’t have heat shields thanks to broken exhaust studs. Just some peace of mind here.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I put about 75 miles on it yesterday, drove it to work and logging for VE tuning. Got it probably 90% off the way there, and it’s running pretty good now, even in just speed density. So happy to be able to drive the truck again without any shenanigans.

I’ll probably shift gears and get the MAF dialed in next, before going the last mile on the VE side. Happy how it’s running not even basically untuned.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
They'll run great MAF only or VE only. I'm curious to see how your table is looking? Blending is not my strong suit, but working the VE table in 2 D for me is much easier.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
They'll run great MAF only or VE only. I'm curious to see how your table is looking? Blending is not my strong suit, but working the VE table in 2 D for me is much easier.
Here it is as of my most recent tweak. 3200 rpm down is pretty good, I haven't really got a lot of great data above that, for obvious reasons, so. But that lower part of the table is most of the way there.

let me know if you want any more details.

Like I said, I think I'm going to leave it for now and go after the MAF side of things, before coming back to it.

Plus there's this thread, which I think once I go through the MAF I'll see what this extrapolation gets and how it lines up with what I've built, and go from there.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Here it is as of my most recent tweak. 3200 rpm down is pretty good, I haven't really got a lot of great data above that, for obvious reasons, so. But that lower part of the table is most of the way there.

let me know if you want any more details.

Like I said, I think I'm going to leave it for now and go after the MAF side of things, before coming back to it.

Plus there's this thread, which I think once I go through the MAF I'll see what this extrapolation gets and how it lines up with what I've built, and go from there.

How many decimals are you logging to? I log to 3 decimal places. I'd go in the 2D function and try to handraulically smooth that out a bit more and log again. Each load line should have at least some degree of separation, I bet you'll find right now that some cross.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
How many decimals are you logging to? I log to 3 decimal places. I'd go in the 2D function and try to handraulically smooth that out a bit more and log again. Each load line should have at least some degree of separation, I bet you'll find right now that some cross.
Basically I'm following this guide here
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
for logging, and making incremental changes, then relogging. It's possible now that I am making changes when there aren't really enough data points in a cell logged, I need to up the counts required before it logs. Kinda also why I want to pause on it and do the MAF, then make a calculated table like @L31MaxExpress shows, at least to compare what I've got, before continuing. At least, that's my thought process.

Reluctanse

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just doing some big block stuff