Reworked 6.5L pipe dream

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
Geo's 6.5 is the mintiest of the mint. Things a tree destroying, tie rod snapping, good stack rocking tank

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

kkirwan71

women problems
Reaction score
There is one 6.5 out there that I would trust to do literally anything with. It can not and will not die.

@kkirwan71 @Biggershaft96 @Sampuppy1
Geo's ****** minty old 6.5. It's broken more than enough times but he's beaten the unholy fawk out of that truck for so long. He's like the USA Chevy version of zipties.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Geo's 6.5 is the mintiest of the mint. Things a tree destroying, tie rod snapping, good stack rocking tank

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I got one of those military 6.5's.

Currently mucho smoke puffing from oil fill. I hope it's just a head gasket. I'll find out Saturday.

I just upgraded to a intercooler but maybe too late. Especially for regular 12 psi max 16psi.

Has anyone done a p pump on a 6.5. My friend and I discussed this the other day. I have a upgraded db2 from badger. It's mostly just anodized but tuning is very limited. I have good Bosch injectors but close to stock.

Other mods is ported intake manifold, peninsular top hat, hx35 turbo, turbo blanket and wrapped down pipe, 3" diamond down pipe, 4" exhaust, 2.5" mandrel crossover.

If it's just head gasket I'll stud and MLS it. Wrap the whole exhaust in engine bay.

But what else can I realistically do. I'm ok with the power numbers (always want more the lol) but my biggest concern is MPG at this point. I'd like that 20mpg like from a 6BT

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
VGT is an interesting development for the old six five. Restricted exhaust flow on the bottom end to ramp up turbine speeds, then open up for more efficient boost pressure production on the top end. I never see more than 16-18 psi of drive pressure with the pedal floored, empty or towing, targeting a 1:1 drive to boost ratio up to 16 psi of boost. Above that, I target a 0.8:1 ratio where the turbo is actually generating more boost pressure than the engine has drive pressure. The stock GM-X turbos had a roughly 2.5:1 drive to boost ratio. Envision at 10 psi of boost, the engine is seeing 25 psi of back pressure on the exhaust side.

You must be registered for see images

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank God I just went to banks school or diesel turbo at banks YouTube channel.

I actually understood all that lol

Haha sorry, I've done a lot of digging into the technology since I got the idea to try a VGT turbo. Wanted to do something different than the regular Holset or specialized Quadstar turbos. John at Quadstar was actually the one that built the hard parts to adapt the HE351VE to the 6.5L. It was pretty much bolt-on, with a few other customizations like the coolant feed/return and VGT controller. I need to work on a better air intake for the turbo, it's just a generic filter stuck on a silicone elbow that's tucked behind the passenger side battery. Temperatures are manageable during normal driving, but get pretty hot when towing. I may give WMI a shot to help manage that, but I've put enough into it for this year.

Sparkysikes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Intercooler. Whether air to air or air to water.

Hey I was reading last night. Dps and moose make a modified db2 the puts out about 30‰ more fuel. From 70 to up to 110cc.

Boom.db4 150cc. Drivability issues unknown.

I'm thinking pipeline dream a 18:1 cr big turbo and a nodded db2. Turbovanman did 327 RWHP on a 6.5!

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Intercooler. Whether air to air or air to water.

Hey I was reading last night. Dps and moose make a modified db2 the puts out about 30‰ more fuel. From 70 to up to 110cc.

Boom.db4 150cc. Drivability issues unknown.

I'm thinking pipeline dream a 18:1 cr big turbo and a nodded db2. Turbovanman did 327 RWHP on a 6.5!

I was working on an intercooler, think I'm going to change direction to WMI for now.

You must be registered for see images

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Cobra head elbow. Only thing I could get to fit to make the bend into the intake. It flows pretty well actually, but I'm not sure I want to have the water heat exchanger under the truck.