Return line delete possible??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

92Raiderburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just bought a 94 suburban 2500 4x4. Had no gas tank so had to buy one. Sending unit had to buy seperate also. Plastic one from 97 tahoe. The return line port is broken off. TBI unit has 2 fuel hoses. Goin to run high pressure inline pump along frame. Can I delete the return line and plug the tbi unit and only run a feed line for now? Maybe plumb the return line into the feed near the tank? I know using just a feed I will have vapor lock later as it gets hot here in Vegas. Keep in mind I had this setup when I bought my 80 square 5 years ago but that was with an lower pressure pump and 4 barrel carb. Any advice considered.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Goin to run high pressure inline pump along frame
How high a pressure pump is it? Can it dead head without overheating? TBI runs best @ 11 - 13PSi stock unless you're going to build it up with a cam,heads, etc.

Bobw

Reaction score
Hey. This is my first post, ever. I have a 90 rcsb choo choo 1500 I'm working on. Will post pics later. I bought a complete fuel tank assembly including pump module installed and new straps from Rockauto for under $200.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No return hose, no reduction in fuel pressure. TBI will be stuck with whatever the max pressure the pump can output. The TBI fuel pressure regulator works by blowing excess pressure down the return-side plumbing.

Good luck.

92Raiderburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No return hose, no reduction in fuel pressure. TBI will be stuck with whatever the max pressure the pump can output. The TBI fuel pressure regulator works by blowing excess pressure down the return-side plumbing.

Good luck.

Ok then. Yea i was wondering how the regulator works. This truck has a 454 and the high pressure injectors. 30 psi regulator. Do u happen to have a diagram for the fuel lines?

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
This is something I'd entertain for a short drive home given no other options, but never as a long term solution.