Replacing the pitman arm.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tinfoil_hat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What box did you get? I see alot of reviews and frustration w lots of remaned boxes being junk.
I bought the AC Delco reman from Rock Auto initially. But it turned out to be too tight. Seals blew out in the first 100 miles. So out of desperation to get back on the road I ended up with a reman from O'Reilly. It's looser than I would like but it does not leak.
After all the shipping back and forth, driving around, going through removal and install twice, bleeding the system twice, etc., if I had to do it all over again I would buy the Redhead box instead. I think the Delco box also cooked my PS pump so when you factor all that in, the extra $250 or whatever for a Redhead starts to look like a good deal.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought the AC Delco reman from Rock Auto initially. But it turned out to be too tight.

That’s funny, the one I got was way too loose. Goldilocks and the three bears, I guess.

I’ve had a good experience with Bluetop (96 and under style box).

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'll say the power steering in my 98 is the easiest to turn of anything I"ve ever driven.I can steer and turn the wheel w my pinky.
On the fence about the speed sensor stuff and I also need to get some upper A arm bushings and change the camber, the orig. ones are worn and a shop could not get the camber right when I tried to get it aligned.