Replacing Bench Seat with Bucket Seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sramos03

Reaction score
I wanted to work the interior of my 1989 c3500 single cab. I have some bucket seats I got from the junkyard that came off a 96 1500. Would I be able to interchange the bench seat since it is in bad shape for the bucket seats that are just laying around in my garage? Any advice would be appreciated.

ralmo94

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I needed seats I found a ton of information out. Apparently pretty much any 90's seats will bolt right on your risers, even cars. Boniville buckets look kinda cool in a 400. The concensis was also that a bucket and bench will interchange.
That said, I had stock buckets in both my gmt 400's and also my 800's.

My 98 had bad seat backs, the pipes were busted. But the driver seat was electric, and my 94, was not. I fabricated some custom risers/ adapters for some envoy trailblazer seats for the 98.
No longer needing the power riser from the 98, I put it in the 94. Bolted right in, and the 94 bucket bolted right to the riser. Even moved the air bladder electric lumbar over to the 94.

If your buckets have risers and they came from a gmt400, you should have no trouble, worst that you would have to do is drill a hole in the floor.

Hope that helps.

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
12 years old & nearly 700 replies.
Lots of info in among the the occasional left turn thread jacks. Most of the basic details are at the beginning.
Pretty much everything you'll need to know about swapping all kinds of different seats into 400's.