Replacement HVAC flappers (doors).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hoplite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Does anyone know where to buy new flappers (doors) for your AC box? I’m sure all of mine are bad but I can definitely tell the one for flow direction doesn’t seal. I took off the lower vent and took a video (can’t figure out how to post here) where you can tell it no longer seals when closed. I’ve been thinking of replacing that lower flapper because I think I can do it without taking out the dash and risking permanent damage.

Any suggestions on where to get these replacement flappers? I’ve tried searching for them and don’t honestly know what they’re supposed to be called. Regardless, I haven’t found any. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've seen some parts on Amazon. Using the part numbers listed there, one can look on RockAuto for more details.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Does anyone know where to buy new flappers (doors) for your AC box? I’m sure all of mine are bad but I can definitely tell the one for flow direction doesn’t seal. I took off the lower vent and took a video (can’t figure out how to post here) where you can tell it no longer seals when closed. I’ve been thinking of replacing that lower flapper because I think I can do it without taking out the dash and risking permanent damage.

Any suggestions on where to get these replacement flappers? I’ve tried searching for them and don’t honestly know what they’re supposed to be called. Regardless, I haven’t found any. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks
If I remember correctly you have to remove the dash to change all of the doors. It's been a while since I've done mine but I don't see how you could change the bottom one with out taking the dash out. Rock auto also sells them there called Heater air doors. The link from amazon with the whole thing would be a a lot easier to replace. Just remove your old and put the new in. Wish I would have know about the whole thing when I did mine.

Hoplite

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you gents for the links and advice. I would replace the entire box but I’m terrified that I’ll never get this dash out and back in , in one piece. I’m assuming I can change out the lower valve flapper without taking the dash out.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Taking the dash out isn't as bad as it looks. Going into mine I was confident that I'd never get it back in. My dash was cracked pretty badly when I did mine. I broke it a little bit more because i got impatient and pulled a little to hard when I should have stopped and took a breath and then started again. If you have 2 people it would make it a easier job yet. The hardest part for me was getting the wiring to the accelerator unplugged and getting the seat out of the way. You wont have to worry about wiring on you accelerator with yours being a gasser.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I noticed that the entire assy p/n 52467204 seems to be for only years 1995 and later (or so I read in the Q&A on Amazon's link):

Can someone explain what's different / what's common between the "assembly" picture above and the two separate flappers?

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are three dampers - two included in the box linked above and also sold separately. The third (floor) damper is the 15-5737 and is what the actuator connects to.

The box is split where lower damper goes through. Without pulling the dash, the hard part would be getting the white part of the damper out. Take the actuator off and see what you think.

Pulling the dash isn’t that bad.

You must be registered for see images attach

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are three dampers - two included in the box linked above and also sold separately. The third (floor) damper is the 15-5737 and is what the actuator connects to.

What p/n corresponds to the two dampers in the assembly pictured below?

What list of damper p/ns is necessary for a "total airbox rebuild"?

Last edited:

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It’s the first and last dampers below. Since the shafts are pressed into the little connecting arms (or whatever they’re called) they can be difficult to remove sometimes.

I removed them without issue on one box. On another, I broke the case trying to get some leverage. The third time I just bought the box with the dampers and didn’t bother trying to remove them.