Replacement factory 4x6 speakers 88-94

Discussion in 'Audio + Electronics' started by Tiny Trucker, May 10, 2019.

1. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

Wait, what?? Klipsch was in the car audio game? That's news to me and I'm a big Klipsch fan.

2. PlayingWithTBI

PlayingWithTBI Desert Old Guy

yeah, I don't know for how long but, when I went in there they had them on the demo wall. I think Circuit City had a lot of exclusive promos like the Hitachi line (my 1st 53" projection TV). I was always an Infinity or Bose fan (which I have in my home theater powered by an Onkyo TS-DX797) but they had the Klipsch there for about the same price as the Infinity's. I don't know if Kicker was even available then, lol.

3. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

Well now I have something else to spend all my money and time searching for. :lol:

My home theater/stereo setup is Denon components with Klipsch speakers. I've got 90s Denon amps in the truck as well, never knew Klipsch speakers were an option so I had some DLS reference series imported from Sweden.

4. TheAutumnWind

TheAutumnWind OBS Enthusiast

This looks like the polk you are describing.

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-4...SYN6THJXSZB&psc=1&refRID=15VTJCRJZSYN6THJXSZB

5. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

6. df2x4

df2x4 Domestics only.

@PlayingWithTBI Just curious, do you have a picture or a model number of your Klipsch 4x6s? I've been Googling this for the past hour or so and all I can find are some forum threads mentioning that Klipsch owned Pyle audio at one point. Which seems odd...

7. DerekTheGreat

DerekTheGreat I'm Awesome

Yep, Boston Acoustics was too. They made some of the best sounding speakers I've yet to hear for the auto world. They were easy to blow up without using high pass filters though. Sadly, my pair of SL95's went away with my Fury when I sold it yet I still have their 4x6 plate speakers, yet since I didn't have two pairs of them and I didn't want to mix match speakers, I bought the Infinities.

Oh and yeah, if I'm using my phone I can upload pics no problem. I rarely use my phone for this though, I try not to suck the teet of mobile tech too much.