Replacement factory 4x6 speakers 88-94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, I don't know for how long but, when I went in there they had them on the demo wall. I think Circuit City had a lot of exclusive promos like the Hitachi line (my 1st 53" projection TV). I was always an Infinity or Bose fan (which I have in my home theater powered by an Onkyo TS-DX797) but they had the Klipsch there for about the same price as the Infinity's. I don't know if Kicker was even available then, lol.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well now I have something else to spend all my money and time searching for. :lol:

My home theater/stereo setup is Denon components with Klipsch speakers. I've got 90s Denon amps in the truck as well, never knew Klipsch speakers were an option so I had some DLS reference series imported from Sweden.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you want to go with Kicker, you'd be much better off with the KS series instead of the CS series. Specifically the 44KSC4604.

https://www.amazon.com/Kicker-KSC4604-KSC460-Speakers-tweeters/dp/B01NBT4D3H

They're a step up from the CS or DS series, and use rubber surrounds (instead of foam) with silk dome tweeters (instead of foil or mylar). They'll sound a lot better and last much longer.

Typically if you want the best possible 4"x6", I always recommend a plate speaker which will have a 4" round midbass driver, offset slightly, and a tweeter on the other side of the plate. Like these Infinity 64CFX.

https://www.amazon.com/Infinity-Kappa-64CFX-Speaker-System/dp/B07657R646

The only downside is they're expensive. The offset round driver will have a much cleaner sound than the typical oblong oval driver that you'll find in most 4"x6"s and 6"x9"s. Polk Audio used to make a 4"x6" plate speaker like this in their DB series that was much cheaper than the Infinitys (and a typical 4 Ohm impedance instead of the weird 2.5 Ohm of the Infinitys, so they played nicer with a wider range of amps and head units) but unfortunately Polk seem to have discontinued them.

EDIT - Long story short, look for rubber or cloth surrounds and silk dome tweeters as a start. At least that's what I'd recommend. The tweeters are kind of a personal preference thing, metallic ones will be harsher and more susceptible to distortion, silk domes will be smoother sounding.

This looks like the polk you are describing.

https://www.amazon.com/Polk-Audio-4...SYN6THJXSZB&psc=1&refRID=15VTJCRJZSYN6THJXSZB

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@PlayingWithTBI Just curious, do you have a picture or a model number of your Klipsch 4x6s? I've been Googling this for the past hour or so and all I can find are some forum threads mentioning that Klipsch owned Pyle audio at one point. Which seems odd...

DerekTheGreat

Forum Regular
Reaction score
Yep, Boston Acoustics was too. They made some of the best sounding speakers I've yet to hear for the auto world. They were easy to blow up without using high pass filters though. Sadly, my pair of SL95's went away with my Fury when I sold it yet I still have their 4x6 plate speakers, yet since I didn't have two pairs of them and I didn't want to mix match speakers, I bought the Infinities.

Oh and yeah, if I'm using my phone I can upload pics no problem. I rarely use my phone for this though, I try not to suck the teet of mobile tech too much.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey guys what’s the best sounding 4x6 for sound and bass for 92 c2500

I replied to your other thread but everything I posted in here on the first page still applies.

BlueDemon94

Reaction score
If you want to go with Kicker, you'd be much better off with the KS series instead of the CS series. Specifically the 44KSC4604.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

They're a step up from the CS or DS series, and use rubber surrounds (instead of foam) with silk dome tweeters (instead of foil or mylar). They'll sound a lot better and last much longer.

Typically if you want the best possible 4"x6", I always recommend a plate speaker which will have a 4" round midbass driver, offset slightly, and a tweeter on the other side of the plate. Like these Infinity 64CFX.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The only downside is they're expensive. The offset round driver will have a much cleaner sound than the typical oblong oval driver that you'll find in most 4"x6"s and 6"x9"s. Polk Audio used to make a 4"x6" plate speaker like this in their DB series that was much cheaper than the Infinitys (and a typical 4 Ohm impedance instead of the weird 2.5 Ohm of the Infinitys, so they played nicer with a wider range of amps and head units) but unfortunately Polk seem to have discontinued them.

EDIT - Long story short, look for rubber or cloth surrounds and silk dome tweeters as a start. At least that's what I'd recommend. The tweeters are kind of a personal preference thing, metallic ones will be harsher and more susceptible to distortion, silk domes will be smoother sounding.
Do the ksc4604 speakers fit in the dash corners?