Replace spare tire hoist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anubis

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My spare is my cell phone and towing insurance. I don’t need all that junk under the bed nor do I need to replace a friggin spare tire after it’s usable life expires.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
My spares are usually the best of what I just removed..... so tread very well worn, but not made in 99, either.

I should check the date code on the spare in the Buick.... It could be from the 80's. 90's at best.

How far back do DOT date codes go? I wonder about the tire in my avatar.... I assume it's from the 70's. I found it along the rail road tracks when I was camping in the 90's. It looks really nice, but has a gash in the sidewall.
3 digit DOT code 1999 and older. 4 digit 2000 and up. First 2 are week (1 to 52) second 2 are year.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Crossfire came with a 12V air pump and a jug of fix-a-flat :anitoof: It really was kinda neat, you hook the air pump's hose to the 'fix-a-flat jug, then its hose to the tire. While pumping the tire up it shoots goo inside the tire too. I used it once and made it to the Firestone Tire store.

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My Crossfire came with a 12V air pump and a jug of fix-a-flat :anitoof: It really was kinda neat, you hook the air pump's hose to the 'fix-a-flat jug, then its hose to the tire. While pumping the tire up it shoots goo inside the tire too. I used it once and made it to the Firestone Tire store.
The SRT8's came with the compressor and bottle of Slime. It's great for killing the TPMS sensor.. :/

The factory spare wheels are too small to fit over the Brembo front brakes so they just don't include a spare. The aftermarket eventually came out with a solution that didn't require a spacer, then I did the 6 piston front upgrade w/15.4" rotors so again that one doesn't fit, either. :D

Richard

badco

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a couple. Pay shipping or the flat rate post office deal and u can have it.

Reaction score
My cable is frayed and broken, and the crossmember is rusted. I have a spare double ratchet strapped in place to keep be bed empty.

I haven't gotten the bed off yet, but my plan is to get a piece of c-channel and weld it to the frame, then use a universal one off Amazon.