Removing visor and rocker panel glue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What if said part or trim was already removed, and the adhesive was left to the elements for a decade or so? Now the adhesive is hard, dry and baked onto the paint.

*Confession*
I'm talking about my other car. When they ruthlessly pulled the wrap (and clear coat and trim in some places) off, there was a LOT of adhesive left behind on the black paint. I've even tested an area with the very coarse industrial scotch brite pad with no result.

Solvent soak. PPG SX330 or SX440 or DT reducers if necessary. Least aggressive first, 330 is least, then 440.
SEM Sem-Solve also works. Soak the adhesive with saturated rags and wait for it to soften then use a putty spreader, fingernail, or plastic razor blade to scrape it. If you enjoy big messes, hit the softened, wet adhesive with an eraser wheel.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Solvent soak. PPG SX330 or SX440 or DT reducers if necessary. Least aggressive first, 330 is least, then 440.
SEM Sem-Solve also works. Soak the adhesive with saturated rags and wait for it to soften then use a putty spreader, fingernail, or plastic razor blade to scrape it. If you enjoy big messes, hit the softened, wet adhesive with an eraser wheel.

Thanks! Now I have a bigger problem since I got hit in the passenger side front door coming home from work this morning.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score

This is fantastic information. I too was also sworn to the eraser wheel by a body guy. Same problem - super hardened adhesive tape left behind, not to mention gritty contamination scratching the paint to death. Tried using a combination of penetrating oils that claimed they softened adhesive and was still safe for paint...Big mess with poor results. Smeared it around with a plastic scraper and many paper towels. I can still see my terrible work in the sun. :buffer:

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Eraser wheel worked like a charm on the visor. The rocker panel gona be a ***** tho

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach