Removing visor and rocker panel glue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jus10inbrla

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
In the process of doing 2 tone paint scheme. Almost complete with top half. Only thing left is door . Here in lies the problem. I cant get the gunk off (havent tried hard yet) but what is easiest way? I have Paint / gasket remover that we use to get gaskets off pipe spool pieces. But that didn’t fair too well. Also the bottom is realy stuck on there. How about a blow dryer and goo gone ? Plus a gasket scraper?

You must be registered for see images attach

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. they really are the bomb for that type of work.
Any residue left over wipes right off with a bit of carb cleaner on a micro fiber towel.
Ive also found it helpfull to cover the parts you arent working on with a tarp or blankets or newspaper or whatever just so you dont have to clean any liitle goo balls of later.
They really do work.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
What if said part or trim was already removed, and the adhesive was left to the elements for a decade or so? Now the adhesive is hard, dry and baked onto the paint.

*Confession*
I'm talking about my other car. When they ruthlessly pulled the wrap (and clear coat and trim in some places) off, there was a LOT of adhesive left behind on the black paint. I've even tested an area with the very coarse industrial scotch brite pad with no result.