Removing old decal ghosting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsky_wsky

Reaction score
I just bought my 92 from a diesel shop here in town. They did a good job at removing their logos and whatnot, but there is some ghosting left behind. The area that was under the stickers is shiny and the rest is faded a bit from sun exposure. What is the best method and products to make it look more uniform if not make it disappear?

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I used liquor thinner, but it will remove the paint aswell if it's there too long.... I removed the entire Chevrolet logo adhesive from a tailgate with it. there may be better products but since I have this on hand I used it. I am not a body guy by any means but it worked for me.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I worked in small spots and used a small plastic drywall puddy knife to scrape it off. it went something like this.. spray some on, 1 or 2 letters, wait 15 seconds and scrap 99% of the adhesive off and wipe it on a paper towel so I didnt waste a bunch of rags. then spray it ever so lightly and wipe it off... with a clean light colored lint free rag and done.

I'm cabinet maker.... not a body guy by any means....

Al

wsky_wsky

Reaction score
I worked in small spots and used a small plastic drywall puddy knife to scrape it off. it went something like this.. spray some on, 1 or 2 letters, wait 15 seconds and scrap 99% of the adhesive off and wipe it on a paper towel so I didnt waste a bunch of rags. then spray it ever so lightly and wipe it off... with a clean light colored lint free rag and done.

I'm cabinet maker.... not a body guy by any means....

Al
Yeah, I'm pretty green with body work. The lettering and adhesive is all removed. It's just the faded outline that is still there.

bc-chris

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

wsky_wsky

Reaction score