Remote reservoir hydroboost question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am looking into a remote power steering reservoir because some modifications I’m considering will render the stock one inaccessible. I know the vans used a remote reservoir, but all of them I have found only have a single return. The trucks and SUVs all seem to use two separate returns. Does anyone know why? It’s not GM’s style to spend a penny more than necessary on anything so I have to think there is some functional rationale behind this. Does anyone know of a remote reservoir pump with two returns or can perhaps share how the van hoses are routed? Thanks

Carlaisle

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A remote reservoir is not necessary. The easy solution is to just grab a power steering extension tube, dipstick, and the grommet from an S10 Blazer/Jimmy. It has the perfect shape to follow the contour of the L29 power steering/AC bracket and brings the power steering dipstick basically flush with the top of the AC compressor. The dipstick is exactly the right length. It is necessary to move the mounting point on the dipstick tube, but that's not a major undertaking.