Remote Keyless Entry Issue - '98 K2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Speargun

Reaction score
I just bought a '98 Suburban K2500 that has RPO codes AU0 (LOCK CONTROL,REMOTE ENTRY(KEYLESS ENTRY SYSTEM)) & AU3 (LOCK,SIDE DOOR,ELECTRIC), but there are no electric door lock switches on the door panel. There is a lock actuator inside the door so I picked up a couple of eBay remotes to give it a try. I jumped pins 8 & 4 on the OBD2 port, but the locks didn't cycle.

Shouldn't there be power door lock buttons on the door panels? I can live without them, but I would like to be able to lock/unlock the doors with a remote.

Thanks!

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From what I understand, the door lock actuators wont actually work unless there is a master, and corresponding switch. Meaning you cant use power door locks if the drivers switch is missing, or the locks will work if the drivers switch is there, but if another switch is missing, that door will not work.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on this

Speargun

Reaction score
So I DO have the power door lock button on the door panel. When I first looked at it, I thought it was the window lock. doh
When I push the door lock button, I can hear 2 relays click under the dash; one, then the other. One is a black relay plugged into the end of a harness that clicks first and the other sounds like it is coming from a larger silver box to the right of the steering column that clicks 1/2 a second later.
The relays click, but the door actuators do nothing. There are no clicks, or any response that I can tell, when I jump #8 & #4 on the OBD2.
Is there a fuse, wire, or control box that I should check?

Hobie

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, the silver box on your steering column is your door module, I would pull the door pannel off and see if you're getting power to your actuators, if not, trace the wiring back to the module and check power out of it. But if the module is clicking, I'd imagine it is working correctly, but I cant be 100% sure