Remodelmaster's 1999 K2500 Suburban (Burb)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I appreciate it and thanks for your input! I had a 1984 Chevy truck, lifted with 36" Super Swampers years ago that drove like a two horse wagon. I have been leaning more towards staying stock for the reasons you listed. My nephew has a lifted truck with 38s and my Suburban (stock height) has an inch less ground clearance than he does.

A double DIN would be ideal, I just don't know how I feel about cutting into the dash?

The seats are currently leather, but the upholstery shop was saying that the entire seat isn't leather, just the bottom and back where you lean against? She said that if they do it (in faux leather aka: 'pleather') I wouldn't tell the difference once they were done. I've seen their work first hand, but my main thing is I want it to look factory even IF that means using real leather.

Check out https://www.theseatshop.com
They do factory match leather, and boy howdy do they do amazing work.

Remodelmaster

Reaction score
Here's a few more picture's of the "work in progress". As you can see, my driver's seat has seen better day's, but I plan to remedy that problem soon!

You must be registered for see images attach

Remodelmaster

Reaction score
Continued:

So far, out of all the 'upgrade's that I have completed (so far); the three that have really made the most difference for me have been:

1) Installing the new Anzo headlight's

2) Putinng the Weathertech floor mat's in

3) Taking those horrible twin cylinder Monroe shocks off and going back with new bilstein shocks

An honorable mention would be the LED cluster lights, as well as replaced all of the bulbs in all threee HVAC controls (LED). I'm currently considering replacing all interior lighting with the LED bulbs.

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
Just a heads up, in case you didn't know, the seat heating elements are stitched into the seat cover from the factory. If you just have the covers replaced, and they don't take the time to remove them and install them in the new covers, you lose your heated seats. Ask me how I know.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Continued:

So far, out of all the 'upgrade's that I have completed (so far); the three that have really made the most difference for me have been:

1) Installing the new Anzo headlight's

2) Putinng the Weathertech floor mat's in

3) Taking those horrible twin cylinder Monroe shocks off and going back with new bilstein shocks

Man a suburban with weather tech mats is a pretty penny. Great job. I purchased black rubber mats for mine and got the entire truck covered front to rear. I love em. They no longer keep sliding, and they catch stuff so you can vacuum it.
As for shocks I'm gonna experiment with rancho adjustable ones. Dont know anything about em but they fit my lift and I can adjust stiffness. Keep up the progress lookin good

Remodelmaster

Reaction score
Just a heads up, in case you didn't know, the seat heating elements are stitched into the seat cover from the factory. If you just have the covers replaced, and they don't take the time to remove them and install them in the new covers, you lose your heated seats. Ask me how I know.

Roger that! I actually watched the hour plus long video from the upholstery shop link you posted above. Good information to know!

Remodelmaster

Reaction score
Man a suburban with weather tech mats is a pretty penny. Great job. I purchased black rubber mats for mine and got the entire truck covered front to rear. I love em. They no longer keep sliding, and they catch stuff so you can vacuum it.
As for shocks I'm gonna experiment with rancho adjustable ones. Dont know anything about em but they fit my lift and I can adjust stiffness. Keep up the progress lookin good

Thank you! Over the past years, I have probably spent enough replacing the floor mat's in the Burb to put Weathertech floor mat's in three times! :D

I decided to go ahead and spend the money and give them a try. wish I had of done it sooner, because I rarely have to vacuum the carpet anymore because all of the mud and dirt stays contained within the mats.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you! Over the past years, I have probably spent enough replacing the floor mat's in the Burb to put Weathertech floor mat's in three times! :D

I decided to go ahead and spend the money and give them a try. wish I had of done it sooner, because I rarely have to vacuum the carpet anymore because all of the mud and dirt stays contained within the mats.

Same here accept with other stuff lol. When you slide the rear seat forward does it push the mat?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Good to know that weather tech is worth the bux and live up to the hype. My Burb has the factory carpet strip mat on the second row floor, and cheap rubber mats in the foot wells front and second row. I took the third seat out early on, cause I needed the full cargo area. This Burb was initially intended for swap meets, and the 06 Denali was supposed to be the daily driver. Funny how things work out sometimes....
My Burb's cargo area has a carpet mat in it(factory I think, some stuff was moved over from the other 99 Burb we had that got totalled). On top of that is a sheet of Masonite, cut to fit. Makes it lots easier to slide boxes in and out. I keep a couple of big cardboard sheets in the back too, to cover stuff up. The sheets between layers of case pack bottled water are great for this! You can get them at the grocery store or wholesale club, and they are free. Good for oil changes and other under car stuff too!