Red Brick MT2500 ABS bleeding

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I ordered one as well but haven’t played around with it yet. Here’s a video, skip toward the end and it shows the menus he uses to get to the ABS.

Maybe it will help.

Edit: sorry, reread your post and saw where you could find it for 98 but not 97. Maybe try running it as a 98? Not sure why it wouldn’t pull up for 97.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
I seen another member on here and he has a 1996 he bleeds with the tech 2. I sent him a pm and will reply with what he says. From what I read him write it looks like on the 1997 and older you use the "function test" option. On 1998 there is a automated bleed option. Will update when he writes me back.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
I seen another member on here and he has a 1996 he bleeds with the tech 2. I sent him a pm and will reply with what he says. From what I read him write it looks like on the 1997 and older you use the "function test" option. On 1998 there is a automated bleed option. Will update when he writes me back.

yes. on my '96 its .....chassis, 4wal, special functions, function test.

"Function Test" is the same feature as "Automated Bleed" on the later years.

I suppose the first version OBII's 96/97 were not so feature rich ;). I would be interested to know what "Function Test" does on the '98. The only thing I can figure is Funtion Test is actually operating the ABS, where ABS motor and Automated bleed on the 98 can actually diagnose the pump motor, or holds open the specific ABS valves to bleed each wheel. Some model cars the tech2 directs to go around to each wheel and bleed.

All that matters for us is that the pump runs and it does that in "Function Test" on the 96/97.

Last edited:

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on this, guys. Good to know for the future when I finally pick up a Tech 2 clone.

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Just one other point of reference for my '96 and looking at that video, the options offered under "Special Functions" for my '96 are:

F0: PROM ID
F1: History Data
F2: Tire Size Calibration
F3: Function Test

deadbeat

Centurion Crew Cab
Reaction score
Now I want to go back and look at the MT2500 and see if it shows an option like "function test", wouldn't that be something if I bought the tech II and really didn't need it after all.