Recommendations for replacing valve covers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kens1990K2500

One Piece At A Time
Reaction score
My truck with a 5.0 TBI engine has the original valve covers. Besides age and living in the rust belt, the fact that the previous owner ran it for some time with a cracked exhaust manifold, the covers are very corroded and ugly. I want to replace them and have been reading reviews on chrome ones; some reviewers said they had issues with the gasket flanges not being too deep, making sealing difficult.

I am not too picky as far as finish (chrome, aluminum or painted steel). My main consideration is getting something that will not have any installation issues (plays well with gasket seal, and able to use the factory oil fill, PCV and breather holes). Price is secondary. Would like to spend around $100-$150 for the set, but not $200-$300. It's not going to be a show truck, but a daily driver, and I just want it to look clean and well maintained.

Any suggestions/recommendations?