Recommend a easy install reliable remote start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

John Young

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good morning…reviving this thread a bit. I’m updating a 93 C1500 with electric locks…currently working on items that I want to upgrade as I redo the interior. I was planning on putting in remote door locks but it looks like for a reasonable up charge I can do this and add the remote start. I read through this string and it looks like the Viper 4105V gives me what I need to do the start and the door locks…am I reading this correctly? Thanks in advance!

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good morning…reviving this thread a bit. I’m updating a 93 C1500 with electric locks…currently working on items that I want to upgrade as I redo the interior. I was planning on putting in remote door locks but it looks like for a reasonable up charge I can do this and add the remote start. I read through this string and it looks like the Viper 4105V gives me what I need to do the start and the door locks…am I reading this correctly? Thanks in advance!
4105v is a KILLER unit and will do everything you need....

Menissalt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing the same to my 89 but with Compustar. Having the windows converted as well. The compustar has better pricing on their LTE plan but from what I can tell the features are pretty identical to viper.

4105v is a KILLER unit and will do everything you need....
Ever worked with compustar before? Curious on your opinion since that's what I'm getting.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ever worked with compustar before? Curious on your opinion since that's what I'm getting.
We carry Compustar at the store, the blade unit is a nice piece and fairly easy to work with. The features menus take a little practice and getting use to. I'm juat a DEI guy cause I've been installing it for 30 years and have all the programmers and bitwriters. It's just my comfort zone!!!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We carry Compustar at the store, the blade unit is a nice piece and fairly easy to work with. The features menus take a little practice and getting use to. I'm juat a DEI guy cause I've been installing it for 30 years and have all the programmers and bitwriters. It's just my comfort zone!!!
The Avital you hooked me up with has DEFINITELY made my life more comfortable. :cheers:

tonyg96gmc

Reaction score
I'm gonna throw my hat in the ring and suggest a DEI product (Viper, Python, Avital). I've got 30+ years installing and Viper is my goto product. I can help you with choosing one and purchasing one if needed. I can also provide a wiring chart with OEM wire colors and locations, and just about anything else you'd need ....
Hey there, I have a 96 GMC K1500. Ordered the Viper 4105V. Do you have a wiring diagram that I could use? Much appreciated!

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the “Quick Reference Install Guide” for the Avital 4105L which might be the same as the Viper 4105V. Maybe @Wh4t3v3rs will chime in.