Rebuilt 4l60e already leaking from this spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sounds like it but what was I supposed to do it was the only way for me to take it to them and it was leaking before I put that plug in

You could have called a rollback instead of driving it knowing it's not right. Unfortunately, a self install opens the door to negate warranty claims. Most mail order engines and transmissions in the warranty fine print will contain the terms "to be installed by licensed facility" and you're not even sure you got the converter in it correctly. If you did not have to pull the converter forward to the flexplate to get the bolts in it then the converter was not fully seated. This can damage the pump and converter. It was a new converter correct? Only you were there. If they did the install they would have caught the leak before it left the building. Even a pro makes a mistake once in a while.

Hopefully it's not that serious and they help you out in some way.

Last edited:

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You could have called a rollback instead of driving it knowing it's not right. Unfortunately, a self install opens the door to negate warranty claims. Most mail order engines and transmissions in the warranty fine print will contain the terms "to be installed by licensed facility" and you're not even sure you got the converter in it correctly. If you did not have to pull the converter forward to the flexplate to get the bolts in it then the converter was not fully seated. This can damage the pump and converter. It was a new converter correct? Only you were there. If they did the install they would have caught the leak before it left the building. Even a pro makes a mistake once in a while.

Hopefully it's not that serious and they help you out in some way.
yeah I hope and they also told me that after I left them the truck they tried putting it on the ramps and it wouldn't move and me knowing the problem it must've leaked all the oil

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I called the transmission shop the other day and they told me they fixed what the problem was with the transmission and they also replaced my oil pressure sensor because they saw how it was broken. they also said they noticed that instrument cluster was acting weird I having a feeling it's because of the stepper motors and my multifunction switch that are bad