Rebuilt 4l60e already leaking from this spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's weird to me is if the 700r4/4l60e is the same thing and most of us hate it why do offroaders like using them in their rigs

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've cleaned up this thread. Let's try and keep the thread on topic and free of the personal insults and middle school maturity off this forum. :waytogo:

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I called the transmission shop today and they said they removed the transmission from the truck because they smelt a burnt smell when they were checking the oil and they also told me the reason why it was leaking from where the connector goes is because I pushed the connector down too hard and it was also loose because I pulled the connector off too hard as well

Tim W

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So it sounds like they are going to blame you and setting you up to for a hefty bill??

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
So I called the transmission shop today and they said they removed the transmission from the truck because they smelt a burnt smell when they were checking the oil and they also told me the reason why it was leaking from where the connector goes is because I pushed the connector down too hard and it was also loose because I pulled the connector off too hard as well

So I called it. Internal harness was junk. The tangs were shot when they put it back together if they reused the original. If it was a new harness then you did push too hard. Likely that they reused the harness, but you'll never know at this point. Like I said, when I rebuilt my 4L80 I ended up dropping the pan shortly thereafter to swap that harness. I first potted the back side with grey RTV and it's been flawless since.

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So it sounds like they are going to blame you and setting you up to for a hefty bill??
Sounds like it but what was I supposed to do it was the only way for me to take it to them and it was leaking before I put that plug in

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I called it. Internal harness was junk. The tangs were shot when they put it back together if they reused the original. If it was a new harness then you did push too hard. Likely that they reused the harness, but you'll never know at this point. Like I said, when I rebuilt my 4L80 I ended up dropping the pan shortly thereafter to swap that harness. I first potted the back side with grey RTV and it's been flawless since.
Dont remember pushing down too hard When I plugged it in I never heard a click and it felt like loose