Rebuilt 4l60e already leaking from this spot

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I have just about everything reinstalled after putting in my rebuilt transmission and for some reason It has a leak where this type of connector goes
You must be registered for see images attach

If its missing a seal would I be able to put it in without lowering the Trans

And for some reason these two wire are hard to put back in were they go
You must be registered for see images attach

Philhammerjr

Reaction score
Yes it can. You will have to drop the pan though. It's kind of tricky to remove because it has a bunch of tabs that hold it to the case that all need to be pushed in at once. I've heard of people putting a deep socket over the connector on the outside to push in the tabs but can't remember what size they used. Maybe someone can chime in with the size. Are you sure it is not the dip stick tube or servo cover leaking? Not sure why the shifter position sensor wires are giving you trouble. Should just snap right in.

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it can. You will have to drop the pan though. It's kind of tricky to remove because it has a bunch of tabs that hold it to the case that all need to be pushed in at once. I've heard of people putting a deep socket over the connector on the outside to push in the tabs but can't remember what size they used. Maybe someone can chime in with the size. Are you sure it is not the dip stick tube or servo cover leaking? Not sure why the shifter position sensor wires are giving you trouble. Should just snap right in.
you can see the oil drip from where the connector goes and if those two wire aren't connected all the way will the shifter lights not come on?

Philhammerjr

Reaction score
you can see the oil drip from where the connector goes and if those two wire aren't connected all the way will the shifter lights not come on?
No, also your back up lights will not come on and it won't start since that sensor is your park/neutral safety switch. I would confirm it wasn't damaged when it was disconnected. Silicone is used to seal the connectors from the factory making it very hard to disconnect without damaging.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Mine leaked after a rebuild too so I replaced the internal harness. You have to hit the range switch with a heat gun to get those other 2 plugs back on.

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, also your back up lights will not come on and it won't start since that sensor is your park/neutral safety switch. I would confirm it wasn't damaged when it was disconnected. Silicone is used to seal the connectors from the factory making it very hard to disconnect without damaging.
OK so I think I have the connectors plugged in because the truck is moving but the problems I'm having is the oil leak,? PRNDL indicator is not showing, and the truck feels like it doesn't have the torque to move by itself when you put it in gear

Philhammerjr

Reaction score
Will it go in reverse? If so but feels sluggish in od then the round plug that is leaking probably is not getting a good connection as well which is causing the transmission to start out in third. If it doesn't have reverse then that means something more serious. I would ensure the fluid isn't low.

Chewy11B

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
GM seals those connectors with a glue like substance. Only way to remove when new is light heat while pulling gently. It sounds like a little bit of heat and gentle push in should seat them back in. LIGHT HEAT, it will melt quick.....

CRF450R

Truckin'
Reaction score
Hopefully you get too the bottom of it glad to see you rebuilt the 4l60e . Some idiots actually swap 4spd 4l60e's for crappy 3spd junk th 350's. Long live the 4l60e I love them there great transmissions! Overdrive for life