Rear window sweep help. Please..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That looked so promising. I tried to go through the list and entered info on a suburban and it says will not fit. Ugh

mattillac

Lurker
Reaction score
Yep, that ebay application listing sure is weird :confused:

Stranger yet, that part number ws1003k isn't even listed at the manufacturers website.

Although they do have a part # KG2069 which claims it replaces oem part number 15991899. "K" may stand for kit, Maybe G2069 is the single piece part number.

Maybe give them a shout if you are still calling around/looking.

Fairchild Industries, Inc.
475 Capital Drive
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
Phone: 847.550.9580
Fax: 847.550.9585

Here is their page/listing for KG2069 part number.

https://fairchildindustries.com/ite...lt-weatherstrip-kit-chevrolet-fullsize-pickup

Doing a web search for that Part # KG2069 it appears as though those are sold by the usuals like Amazon, Rockauto, Ebay etc.

More info from the Rockauto listing.

29.38" L x 1.77" H; 29.375" For more than 40 years, Fairchild Industries has provided top quality products in extruded rubber, molded rubber, molded plastic, extruded plastic as well as elastomer solutions for customers worldwide. An ISO 9001:2000 certified supplier of standard and custom rubber and plastic parts, Fairchild provides products which serve OEMs, auto restoration, and Tier 1 automotive suppliers.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1847988&jsn=3

Last edited:

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will definitely give them a shout. Thank you for looking.
I was searching last night as well. I’m also going to stop into a body shop today.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Did you ever give LMC a call about those ones listed for Suburbans that I posted? Curious to hear what they say as I might order some for spares.

Shiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did not end up calling them. I stopped at a good body shop and the ordered me one. When I pick it up I will find out where they ordered it from and part numbers and post it. And I’ll add a price for reference.

Grimpalahat

Reaction score
Did you ever give LMC a call about those ones listed for Suburbans that I posted? Curious to hear what they say as I might order some for spares.
I always hate to dig up a new thread, but I am using both the front truck and rear Suburban kit on my 2000 CCLB. They fit well and look original. The only issue is, the first set I got lasted less than a year before the front driver's started shrinking and wadding itself up, both rear doors have started to curl. I talked to LMC and over the course of two months and a bunch of emails and phone calls explaining the situation to them I finally got warranty replacements. We'll see how long they last this time.

While I'm resurrecting this thread, one question I have is: should I use a glue or sealant on the outer window felts to adhere them to the truck other than just with the friction fit?

Pics for ref:
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Grimpalahat

Reaction score
I used no glues or sealants when I replaced these on WCJr. Is your window rubbing unnecessarily hard against the sweep?
No, the window is in good working order. It looks like the sun reflected off of the mirror and heated the weatherstrip unevenly, not sure this is the case, but it looks like it. I have the new strips from warranty, just haven't gotten around to installing them yet. Hopefully they last longer than 9 months.