Rear Wheel Alignment... solid axle... wtf?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
No visible wobble, I had it up in the air and everything spins as it should - which also cleared my suspicion of a bent wheel. Alignment results shows a -1.0 camber on it, so it is dipping in. I'm guessing it is bent towards the inside. Do these trucks use shims on the rear axle? I guess I could check... If it is bent towards the inside, the I should hear some sort of whine, or noise, right?

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
If the axle is bent a fraction of a mm it could throw of your camber that much and not be noticeable, if the whole axle housing is bent toward the middle even the slightest bit will throw off your camber 1/2" on each side

ShadowRejects

I drank the Kingpin koolaid
Reaction score
The same alignment issue hit me after my parked T/A 'bird was hit head-on by a driver going 45 mph. The impact was so hard it pushed the car 6 feet up - onto the curb in PARK, bending 3 of the 4 wheels. Here is the rear alignment

You must be registered for see images attach

After reseraching online. They said it was a bent Panhard bar, but our silverado's dont have those unless theyre aftermarket. My guess is either your WHEELS, or axle, or bearings. its hard to diagnose since we have trucks..

scmsltn

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today I was having an alignment done at Tires Plus her in Reno, NV...I got a call saying they wanted an hour of labor to align the rear. They said trucks with blocks cause them to not be correct. I don't know if it is true, but I said "no" since I want to upgrade to 3/4 ton leaf springs to raise the rear.

I have never noticed anything driving the truck for 3 years...

If anyone else has any info/experiences, let me know.

Ruger_556

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Today I was having an alignment done at Tires Plus her in Reno, NV...I got a call saying they wanted an hour of labor to align the rear. They said trucks with blocks cause them to not be correct. I don't know if it is true, but I said "no" since I want to upgrade to 3/4 ton leaf springs to raise the rear.

There's no adjustment for rear alignment... :think:

Justjoshiny

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A bent shaft wont cause much of a wobble as far as I know. My Yukon has a bent rear shaft and ive had it spinning 90 and gone down the road at 65 and it doesn't wobble. Its worse than what the OP has

noabarron3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is what I needed to hear. I lifted my 94 and the rear blocks are sitting just a tiny bit off, the rear wheel has a slightly negative camber and it was my suspicion that this was the issue. I torqued the u bolts un-evenly and I assume that’s the culprit.