Rear Output Seal Leak - shopping list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just got finishing putting together an order from Amazon for a few parts I need to knock this issue out. I already changed the seal, but that did not fix the leak. So, now I am going to go with the slip yoke and the bushing.

Ordered:
Slip Yoke (w seal)
Bushing
Dex3 fluid
Pump to help fill the case back up.
Extension Housing rubber seal
Black RTV

I was going to hold off on my u joint/s until I can confirm and compare at the parts store what size I have. I like having the joint in my hand to minimize surprises. I read that it makes it easier to remove the bushing if you pull the extension housing. So I got the rubber seal that I think it has to seal that back up if I remove it.

I will probably rent a bearing/race installation kit from the parts store to help with the bushing.

Am I missing anything obvious and does anyone have any tips?

delta_p

OBS Chevrolet, When Silverado Was A Trim
Reaction score
Shouldn't the transmission yokes need a weephole so the slip spline cavity can breath as it moves and slips?

Jared Jackson

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need some help... We replaced the rear seal and it still leaked. So then, as this thread mentioned, we ordered a new bushing, yoke and seal.

There was no play in the old yoke and old bushing before we pulled it apart, and it passed visual inspection, so we left it in there. We put the new yoke and new seal in yesterday. The new yolk was tight as hell! Had to use some force to get the driveshaft to slide and get the ujoint back in.

Old yoke had a good wear groove going.

It's still leaking!

What am I missing?

You must be registered for see images attach