Rear License Plate Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Just FYI for anyone looking, I tried these in my corner markers and they didn't work at all. No idea why, they were fine in the license plate lights.
did you put a multimeter on the light socket contacts to see what up? pretty sure they are working fine in both my trucks. but I'm sure my old silicone leds are slightly different.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
@Grimpala Putting the 7 way plug over the lp light was not my first intention. I just really liked how it looked and since this was on my burb I used the jack hole for the separate 4 way wire I initially made up. I wired up, soldered and double wall shrinkwrapped all the the wiring back here.

I used a metal hole saw, patience, a steady hand and going very slow since there is an existing hole there. I'm sure a dremel could be used as well.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
I bet that it's not legal anywhere in North America. Same with your led headlight bulbs there Bob. there are absolutely not road legal anywhere in North America. dosent matter what people say on the internet. if headlight bulbs dont have a legitimate Dot/csa approval than they are not road legal. and the reason is because they are to powerful, such as how they are blocking out your fog light beam....

I was arguing with someone over these bulbs but they were claiming they were road legal and I dont feel like doing that today. But I have the laws and can post them if you want to read them. Mine are Canadian but USA is basically the same. what is legal in the states is Legal in Canada.....

I just want you to know man... if your lights suck.... do the 4 High and Low beam mods...
Yeah my headlights are great and yeah they are bright but just as bright as anything new that damn near makes you close your eyes as you pass one another! But it’s the design of my fog lights and that 35w isn’t sufficient for that design. And my highs have been great always still have the original bulbs in there from 10ys ago because they’re actually really bright with my headlight design. No arguing here! Just let others know what I have but I hear you on “the rules” but I don’t get pulled over not to anyone does but lots of people do lots of “things” to keep themselves in trouble with the law even when doing nothing it’s there history the laws going on. Not bashing anyone or degrading just speaking what I know from people who I used to hang with. I’m not a police lover either I’m just me driving down the middle of the law an UMP the law. Very kool mod of the bumper I like diy’s that look made that way!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Does anyone else’s trailer line quick connect underneath? I just noticed all the taping on your line? But mine is my original fell and grinded away lol. So when I replaced it I was going to splice it together then noticed the quick connect good looking out GM!

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
I have been guilty of resurecting a few threads myself. Usually it is one that I have searched the entire internet and some of the remote corners of hell to find the info therein. If I had to go to that much trouble, then someone else must be looking too. Cadillac Bob was likely performing a public service!
Hahaha just saw a topic I could speak on from experience then I just started “vomiting/writing” hahaha I’m glad others chimed in! Nice to converse with others that have love for these rides and have real experiences with them not just $50k-125k truck/suv that sees mostly grocery stores and strip malls to have “road trips” to speak of! Not being so overly catered to on a few hours or days trips with family members that were still people living,sitting next to each other and actually looking at the outside world from a car window not a screen!

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
Bob, the half of a roll of red electrical tape is only to keep the plug inside the hole. the 4 way trailer plug can extend about 2 feet.

all electrical connections are soldered with double wall shrink wrap. the plug and play harness from the truck has been removed because it was all hacked up and internally screwed.... I like to start clean and do things once and so it lasts forever.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I gotta say, I love people who have the attitude of "..yah this may be illegal or annoying to other people, but phuck them! LMFAO!!!" :thumbsdown:
When I change mine it won't be the first time I had "weaponized" high beams. The first time was when I had a 1965 GT0. The high beams, which I only used when provoked were type 4537 Aircraft landlng lights which by the way fit perfectly in a round 5 inch headlight socket. It was a powerful convincer and looked so stock that I ran it for 3 years with no one the wiser

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
When I change mine it won't be the first time I had "weaponized" high beams. The first time was when I had a 1965 GT0. The high beams, which I only used when provoked were type 4537 Aircraft landlng lights which by the way fit perfectly in a round 5 inch headlight socket. It was a powerful convincer and looked so stock that I ran it for 3 years with no one the wiser
That's an old school trick, hadn't heard about that one in a while, but I remember Dad talking about it. Looking through the Delco light bulb catalog to find specs on certain bulbs and sealed beams for customers who wanted to do this. Back in the day, this was the hot setup for country driving at night.

GoToGuy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
On my 95 one of license lens was broken the other fogged after 20 plus years. Oredered two new housings and a bunch of led 194 bulbs. 20 minutes later what a difference.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
did you put a multimeter on the light socket contacts to see what up? pretty sure they are working fine in both my trucks. but I'm sure my old silicone leds are slightly different.

I did not, I just swapped to a different style of LED and they worked fine. And you're right, I'm sure there are a few different variations of those silicone 194s on the market that look really similar.