Rear end lost bearing swapped 98 Yukon turns out bigger brakes!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably should grab the proportioning valve from the Yukon. I did the same thing and the rears will lock up especially on wet roads. Front brakes are the same.
I'll check and see if it's different I've only driven this thing a couple of Miles I've been busy working on the diesel

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
August 76 after you get the rear end swap check measurements I measured mine yesterday it's 1/4 off on one side I swapped this rear end years ago.
I didn't see any work parts I'll see if I can adjust it before I get a wheel alignment after replacing pitman arm
I'll check. There's some play in the lower part of the axle so it's possible to mount shackles off a bit. I based mine off old marks and shook it down before tightening anything fully. Let it hang static.i need 26 inch or longer shocks. Not sure what stock z71 ones are but I had to level the rear with blocks last year and my shocks are barely long enough.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Interested in this. I haven't heard about it but I know the diesel is hard to find at junkyard

Hydroboost has nothing to do with a diesel engine. My truck is Hydroboost, so I don't know the specifics of the conversion. I believe some people use Astro parts.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hydroboost has nothing to do with a diesel engine. My truck is Hydroboost, so I don't know the specifics of the conversion. I believe some people use Astro parts.
What year is your truck. I heard it was offered on all trucks of a certain year. I never see it though

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
What year is your truck. I heard it was offered on all trucks of a certain year. I never see it though

My truck is a 99, but that's not why it has Hydroboost. It's a 1-ton and the heavier brake systems are hydroboost. The lower brake systems could be either. I don't know what would determine the lower GVW vehicles getting it.... 1500 diesels probably, but you're not limited to that.

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is a 99, but that's not why it has Hydroboost. It's a 1-ton and the heavier brake systems are hydroboost. The lower brake systems could be either. I don't know what would determine the lower GVW vehicles getting it.... 1500 diesels probably, but you're not limited to that.
I figured something like that. I wish those 6.5 weren't so weak. I would rather have a obs Chevy than my powerstroke powerjoke with this terrible ttb Dana 50
Both my trucks are 1997 lol.
I'm not sure how much longer I will keep this truck . I really want a 2500 and I can't turn it into one

August76

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've noticed the brakes work alot better. It was dumping rain today.. Arizona monsoon bs. Brakes work alot better

leakers

Reaction score

Diesel engines don't have any vacuum , so that option is out! The only viable GM brake booster is hydroboost!