Rear disc conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My latest surprise was on my K1500, last fall. I had replaced the front hoses with Teflon-liner hoses during a major brake/suspension upgrade a couple of years ago; but I'd never bothered to do the rear hose.

A broken bleeder screw in a rear wheel cylinder forced a wheel-cylinder change... I might as well disconnect the upper end, and replace the hose--since I've owned the replacement hose for two years already.

I put it all back together, and the brakes have never been better.

I had almost exactly the same experience. In my case, while replacing a leaking rear line, I swapped my JB6 rear cylinders for the K3500 rear cylinders... and installed the replacement hose that had been sitting around for 4-5yrs, long after I had replaced the front hoses.

That rear brake hose made a lot more difference to the brakes than I thought it might. The replacement rear cylinders didn't hurt either.

Braided brake flex hoses ... can make a substantial difference in pedal feel. Put them on one vehicle and you will put them on everything else you own. You've been warned.

Ain't it the truth! I just put those hoses on a 2005 RX330. Did it need them? Nah... but I like 'em

Last edited:

Clevor

Reaction score
Just don't confuse peal travel wit pedal feel. The rubber lines do swell, but only a little.
Checked rear brake lines that came with kit and did not see any bulging of lines on hard brake application. Used dial calipers to measure before and after.