Rear disc conversion master cylinder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dfulk1995

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the part number for a master cylinder. And prop valve. For the rear disc brake conversion 1993 6 lug 14 bolt

DamHoodlum

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alot of people here disagree ....................
When I converted my 6 Lug 14 bolt to 5 lug I used a Little Shop rear disc brake kit (With Emergency Brake) & a 2004 master cylinder for a 1500 Silverado and a Speedway adjustable proportioning valve. It works flawless, Has an excellent pedal & way better stopping power and yea it looks cool too............

Attachments

• IMG_6793.JPG
    IMG_6793.JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6798.JPG
    IMG_6798.JPG
    303 KB · Views: 29

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the part number for a master cylinder. And prop valve. For the rear disc brake conversion 1993 6 lug 14 bolt
What's wrong with the existing master cylinder? What is it's bore size? What RPO number were the original brakes?
Alot of people here disagree ....................
I'm one of them, at least for most 1500- and light 2500-series vehicles with low-drag front calipers.

Running low-drag calipers without a Quick Take-Up master cylinder is nuts

Once the low-drag calipers are gone, sure. No need for a QTU master cylinder then--but you still need the correct ratio of master cylinder bore diameter to caliper piston diameter.

1madmouse

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you can't use the stock master? Is the bore too small or is it something else? I can see having to add a different proportioning valve. I would like to do the drum to disc upgrade, seems like you should be able to use available junk yard parts and save some money. I'm not trying to be a cheap-ass, but you could spend some coin on this conversion if you just walk in and buy everything. Ok I'm a cheap-ass, I would be a pain in the ass, but somebody already has that covered, lol.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
heres a thread with all the Brake RPO codes and what they come with.