Rear disc conversion kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

383Dreams

Reaction score

DeCaff2007

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, Summit Racing is usually spot on about vehicle fitment. I'd feel comfortable dropping the nearly $1K for the kit.

Cadillac Bob

Slammin original 4x4 Cadillac doors!
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the "Wilwood Disc Brakes 140-10094-R" rear conversion kit? Summit Racing tells me this will fit our 97' Silverado. I would love to do away with those rear brake shoes if it does. :)

Are those for 5 lug or 6 or are they universal? But that’s pretty decent price but it’d still need to be less for me to option it and if you’ve already installed was it a do it yourself or a more shop did it deal?

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Haha I just realized only 3 posts on this thread lol never mind parts of my question lol

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That won't fit a GMT-400. That kit is for a C10. Wilwood doesn't have any rear disc brake kits for our trucks yet. Go check it out on Wilwood's website. Don't rely on Summit for fitment.

Cadillac Bob

Reaction score
Yeah but I thought I’ve seen a wilwood set besides this but it was outrageously expensive!!! But it also could’ve been another brand but I honestly don’t remember but whos to really know until someone orders it and it works or they send it back lol

arrg

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah but I thought I’ve seen a wilwood set besides this but it was outrageously expensive!!! But it also could’ve been another brand but I honestly don’t remember but whos to really know until someone orders it and it works or they send it back lol
Little Shop Mfg has a couple of big rear brake kits using Wilwood parts, but it's not a kit from Wilwood. And yes, they're mega dollars ($2000+)

someotherguy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Whatever kit you choose, if it's aftermarket parts (Wilwood calipers, rotors, etc.) then be sure you inquire about replacement parts. Obviously the pads and e-brake shoes, rotors, caliper rebuild kits, e-brake hardware (springs, retainers), hoses.. because you'll eventually need them, and aftermarket stuff often isn't available many years down the road like OEM stuff will be.

Richard

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the "Wilwood Disc Brakes 140-10094-R" rear conversion kit? Summit Racing tells me this will fit our 97' Silverado. I would love to do away with those rear brake shoes if it does. :)

Apparently, you have a C1500, since this kit is for 5-lug axle shafts.

I thought GMT400 C1500s used a 5 X 5 1/2 bolt circle. These rotors are triple drilled for 4 1/2", 4 3/4", and 5" inch bolt circles.

For a thousand dollars, you could swap rear axles, get 11.x Duo-Servo rear drums and the much-stronger 9.5" ring gear axle assembly; and spend the rest of the thousand on 5-lug axle shafts to keep your existing wheels. Or spend a little more and get front hubs with 6 lugs, and 6-lug wheels.

You'd eliminate all the disc-brake conversion problems, probably have stronger rear brakes than the 12" rotor aftermarket kit, and retain OEM parts compatibility.