Rear Disc Conversion 1995 Silverado

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jlogdce95

Reaction score
Hey Guys, new to the site here.......I have a '95 and wanna do a rear disc brake conversion on it. I understand there are bolt on kits. Is that the best route? Can you build it together with pieces. My '95 is the 6lug k2500 with the 14 bolt. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did the nbs conversion. that's the best route cause you can easily find replacement parts. you must have the jb6 brake code in order to do this. the jb5 wont work

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
i did the nbs conversion. that's the best route cause you can easily find replacement parts. you must have the jb6 brake code in order to do this. the jb5 wont work

Did you write anything up that you could point us to? I looked through your posts, but I didn't see a write up. I found the one by 95BlackTahoe from 2013. Did you use stacked washers for spacers as he did or is there a better way?

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you write anything up that you could point us to? I looked through your posts, but I didn't see a write up. I found the one by 95BlackTahoe from 2013. Did you use stacked washers for spacers as he did or is there a better way?

that's the write up I followed when I did it. except I used rear dual piston calipers from 2004 Tahoe. and I had a shop close to me ,achine a spacer. I wasn't about to trust the washers. its super easy conversion. as long as you have basic mechanical knowledge

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anybody find a reliable source for the spacer plate?

I searched the internet for weeks looking before I asked this machine shop down the road that was able to do it. since then the shop has closed so I got them to do mine just in time. but good luck. I couldn't find the 10 bolt spacers anywhere

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There's a sticky by Gtamazing for an nbs rear disc swap in this axle and brakes section. If your still looking for spacers, cutthroat4x4 makes them. That's where I purchased mine from.