Rear disc brake conversion keeping 15” wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I'm interested. I'll have to do some research but I suspect there is a caliper with a parking brake mechanism you could use. Unlike the rest of the stuff I've found you've hit the sweet spot with off the shelf rotors with no modifications.

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm interested. I'll have to do some research but I suspect there is a caliper with a parking brake mechanism you could use. Unlike the rest of the stuff I've found you've hit the sweet spot with off the shelf rotors with no modifications.
I haven’t tried using the calipers with parking brakes heard too many bad things about them.

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m going to get with my steel supplier tomorrow to lock down pricing. And will let you know.

The parking brake calipers usually on take up to a 1” thick rotor. And have to be adjusted constantly to make sure they work.

Tech-GeeK1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is a relatively simple method to regain a parking brake? I saw the picture of the brake after the transmission. I really would love a rear disc conversion because I hate drums. Your kits look awesome. Thanks for taking the time to look into actually making them for people.

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is a relatively simple method to regain a parking brake? I saw the picture of the brake after the transmission. I really would love a rear disc conversion because I hate drums. Your kits look awesome. Thanks for taking the time to look into actually making them for people.
For the 4wd guys a transfer case mounted parking brake would be a simple set up. I suppose you could do the same on a 2wd truck if you get a slip yoke eliminator. Or there is always line locks or trying to retro fit a mechanical caliper.

Knuckle Dragger

Rascal *****
Reaction score
I’m going to get with my steel supplier tomorrow to lock down pricing. And will let you know.

The parking brake calipers usually on take up to a 1” thick rotor. And have to be adjusted constantly to make sure they work.

Lot's of talk about that but like most things on the internet you have to pick through and find the real story. The biggest issue is the reman stuff is crap because they never replace the ratcheting mechanism. I'd rather deal with them then putting something else to come out of balance on my drive shaft.

Post up when you know on pricing. I won't be able to look into the caliper specs until later this week. I'll share what ever I find here so people can figure out what they want to do on their rides.

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Asking as you get the rotor for the transfer case CNC machined so the bolt circle, OD, & ID are all concentric you shouldn’t have any issues. The rotor bolts up from behind the yoke flange (some yoke flanges have a small centering boss on the back as well) and the drive shaft bolts on up front. If it does vibrate some a good driveline shop can balance the plate for you relatively cheap. I’m working on the design of my transfer case parking brake and it will be cnc machined and tested.