Rear disc brake conversion keeping 15” wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve been working on 2 setups, one for 2wd trucks and one for 4wd trucks. Both set ups use stock Chevy rotors, pads, and calipers. See below pics and let me know if there is interest in buying the brackets. I can supply the remaining parts list for either set up. I’ve done this on my 2wd RCSB and my 4wd SAS ECSB

You must be registered for see images attach

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve been working on 2 setups, one for 2wd trucks and one for 4wd trucks. Both set ups use stock Chevy rotors, pads, and calipers. See below pics and let me know if there is interest in buying the brackets. I can supply the remaining parts list for either set up. I’ve done this on my 2wd RCSB and my 4wd SAS ECSB

Interested in the parts set up for the 4wd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 4x4 set up uses stock 88-98 Chevy K1500 front rotors, calipers, and pads. The brackets I made position the caliper at about 2 o’clock on either set up.

The 2wd set up uses AWD Astro van front rotors, with 88-98 Chevy brake calipers.

Brackets are designed for 1-1/4” thick rotors.

Only downside is you will loose the parking brake. You’d have to run a transfer case parking brake which is what I did.

munrom77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The 4x4 set up uses stock 88-98 Chevy K1500 front rotors, calipers, and pads. The brackets I made position the caliper at about 2 o’clock on either set up.

The 2wd set up uses AWD Astro van front rotors, with 88-98 Chevy brake calipers.

Brackets are designed for 1-1/4” thick rotors.

Only downside is you will loose the parking brake. You’d have to run a transfer case parking brake which is what I did.

Do you sell the brackets?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am seeing what the interest level is. Not sure if I want to start selling the brackets or just post the CAD file so people can get it cut out from a local steel company

JLG88

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That’s what I’m working on for my transfer case on this truck. Didn’t know it could be mounted to a 2wd trans as I have gotten that far with my little truck.