Rear coolant/core lines leaking.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redfishsc

Tired of fixing lousy engineering.
Reaction score
My 99 Sub (with rear heat/AC) drips coolant (slowly) from the rubber hose that joins the heater core to the main line coming from the front of the truck.

Those lines are crimped on and have some funky bends. I can't seem to find decent replacements at places like RockAuto.

Can anyone suggest a fix?

Busted Knuckle

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you don't need the heat, bypass it. I've bypassed both the rear heat and AC due to a multitude of PIA fixes and expense. '95. I will be running a hose from the intake manifold to the heater core and from the h core to the radiator, for the winter. For the summer I've bypassed the front heater core completely. (straight from intake manifold to radiator. I may do this every year, as the hot coolant always flows thru the front heater core. I've got the best cooling perf now that I've ever had with all heaters out of the loop. 33% green AF and 2 bottles of water wetter.