Rear Catalytic Converter Direct Fit Options - 1999 7.4 CCSB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Philip Parker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey there - I ordered the Magnaflow y pipe with driver side cat (93607) but I cannot find the the next section with the passenger side cat to fit my truck. I have found part #95471 that looks to be identical to my stock exhaust, but anytime I verify fit on summit or jegs is comes back as non-compatible.

I am assuming that I have a 154.5 wheel base (as that is the closest measurement I can see) however the 155.5 wheelbase shows part #21-384 as being my rear cat section.

Anyone gone through this and sorted it out out?

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That part number 95471 is for 1996-97 trucks. Who knows why only those years, but that's why it's coming back as incompatible. Also, because the CCSB were 2 year only trucks, you may have issues finding aftermarket parts specifically for your truck. The majority of parts for the other 7.4 trucks will probably work fine though.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Perhaps a moderator will move this thread to the Exhaust sub-forum.

Why not cut the catalyst out of the pipe, weld, or band-clamp a "universal" catalyst in place?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Hey there - I ordered the Magnaflow y pipe with driver side cat (93607) but I cannot find the the next section with the passenger side cat to fit my truck. I have found part #95471 that looks to be identical to my stock exhaust, but anytime I verify fit on summit or jegs is comes back as non-compatible.

I am assuming that I have a 154.5 wheel base (as that is the closest measurement I can see) however the 155.5 wheelbase shows part #21-384 as being my rear cat section.

Anyone gone through this and sorted it out out?

Try putting your truck in as an 98. Some companies don't know what to do with 99s.

1965truckrod

Reaction score
Try putting your truck in as an 98. Some companies don't know what to do with 99s.
I deal with this constantly, even with a few parts counters. I usually search for 98 or 97 when looking for parts for Black Betty. I would venture to say that nearly everything with a few exceptions will fit.

Headers can only be so specific before they need adjustments once going in. We had this issue while looking for long tubes for my 65 C20. We did have to do a few dimples to avoid contact from things like the frame and brake hard lines. Hopefully someone has already gone through this issue and will have some insight.