Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

reservoir dog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been thinking about building one for my Blazer , I have a swing out carrier from another vehicle I would like to mate to a reinforced factory bumper. I just think about how often I open the rear glass and drop the tailgate and if it will be in the way or a pita to swing every time.

rtaylor93

Reaction score
Can you post more pictures to get that replicated out here in the mexico/us border…
Here's some more. I got the hinges and latches from 4x4 innovations and did the rest myself. I used 2"x8"x0.125" steel for the bumper and then 1.5"x3"x0.125" for the carriers.
You must be registered for see images attach

Here's the links for the parts.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's some more. I got the hinges and latches from 4x4 innovations and did the rest myself. I used 2"x8"x0.125" steel for the bumper and then 1.5"x3"x0.125" for the carriers.

Here's the links for the parts.
That's dope. Great job.

rtaylor93

Reaction score
I've been thinking about building one for my Blazer , I have a swing out carrier from another vehicle I would like to mate to a reinforced factory bumper. I just think about how often I open the rear glass and drop the tailgate and if it will be in the way or a pita to swing every time.
They're real easy to open and close. Takes 10 seconds to open both of them up. As for being in the way, they do interfere with hauling sheets of plywood or anything that would need the tailgate down to haul. They can be removed by pulling out the 1 bolt, but that's kind of a PITA

351FUN

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I got a hitch mount one for my Blazer, with a folding adapter and chopped it up to fit together. The glass opens fine but the tailgate does need the tire lowered. I have a stop so it only lowers enough to open the gate, that way it's easy to fold back up.