Rear bumper brackets why are they different?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So the other day I was taking off the middle brackets from two rear bumpers I have to use on my truck and notice they looked different one set is from a 94 Silverado and the others I think are from an earlier year but idk

Top/left from I guess earlier years and bottom/right from 94
You must be registered for see images attach

Do any of y'all know why their different and is one better than the other

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
If they both came from pickups, my guess would be 1500 vs 25/3500? I know the front of the frame is slightly different, maybe the rear is too :shrug: That is completely a guess though.

I do know that truck brackets are different than subruban/tahoe brackets though

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It could have had an aftermarket bumper put on it at some point in it's life. Fey brand bumpers were very close to oem but you would see stuff like the missing welded on nut and a little lighter duty bracket, and the kit would come with a nut and bolt arrangement for that hole. Gm changed stuff along the way also.

Dannothemanno

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could have had an aftermarket bumper put on it at some point in it's life. Fey brand bumpers were very close to oem but you would see stuff like the missing welded on nut and a little lighter duty bracket, and the kit would come with a nut and bolt arrangement for that hole. Gm changed stuff along the way also.

Both the sets of brackets say t-200 if that means anything