Re writable ecu Chip???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trenton Sauer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to build my motor but I wanna keep it with the stock throttle body to see how it goes. The Chips for the ecu. Is there a way i can rewrite the chips and program/tune them differently with the same chip? I dont know much about the computer systems

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Chewy1576

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

koolbreeze

Reaction score
Also check this out - www.dynamicefi.com

From what research I've done, this seems like a very good option. The developers of that program are active on the https://www.thirdgen.org message board and seem to be willing to lend a hand where they can. The learning curve for this stuff can be pretty steep, even for someone with decent computer skill.

OP, you should check the tag on your ECM and see which one you have, as well as which BCC, because determines which hardware tools you'll need to work with it.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
And then there's Flash EBL which plays nice with some of the OBDI applications. Basically a cheap standalone. I've never tuned one, but it looks good on the interwebs.

Stokes1114

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dynamic efi is Robert R's thing, also known as ebl flash. You can also tune on the fly with the autoprom or ostrich from moates. If you just want to burn a new chip moates has what you need as well. Just start studying hard at gearhead-efi.com. it's a VERY steep learning curve, but many of us have done it the same way.