RCSB C1500 Full Protouring Chassis Build, Twin Turbo LS Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Why do you need an adpater? I thought the LS engines bolted right up to the transmission, only having an extra bolt that the orignal SBC didn't use?

He’s bolting a gen V to a BMW trans.

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh wow. I haven't watched the videos. I had no idea that was even a thing.
Well, to be fair, it hasnt been a thing. This is an L83 motor and 7 Speed BMW Dual Clutch out of the E9x M3s. (G7SD36SG Getrag). Im the first one with an LTx to BMW Dual Clutch adapter. There are a couple guys working on the DCT swap with LS's around the country, but we are pretty much doing it concurrently. Everything just got sorted out within the last 6 months as far as adapters and controllers, so its a pretty new swap.

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started working on boxing the firewall back in. I got a Woodward Fab Super Bead, braced it up, plasmacut out a 225T #25 ANSI sprocket, and then i atatched a drill with a 9T sprocket chucked up. For speed control i took the switch out of the drill and wired in an extension. I installed the switch into a footpedal from harborfreight. Works pretty good for a first go.

This is my first time sheet metal fabricating. Went ok so far.

You must be registered for see images attach

Episode covering how i made (and scrapped) some of the panels here:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

loudandproud

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
More parts showing up.

I got two Forgestar F14s. 19x12 +55 Deep Concave. They fit the rear perfect, on the front the hub wont clear the little lip for the center cap retainer. We are gonna fix that right up. Looks like ill have plenty of clearance on the front for CTS V2 brembo caliper.