Rawhide and The Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes it's funny how this came together like it did. He had just posted the truck the night before you saw it, and then I saw it an hour after your post.
Turns out the grandson lives in Katy, goes back and forth between there and Pleasanton where the family place is. My mom is a Methodist preacher's kid, and she started school in Jourdanton, just down the road from Pleasanton. The family moved every few years as her dad was assigned to a new church; they lived all over central Texas.
The family who owned this truck(grandpa bought it new)wanted the truck to go to someone who really wanted it,and not just to someone who would flip it.....
And when I had the VIN number run, this truck is one of a little over 15,000 built in '97. It's very early production, built on September 27, 1996. That date was my dad's mother's birthday.....

HeavyAsAChevy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes it's funny how this came together like it did. He had just posted the truck the night before you saw it, and then I saw it an hour after your post.
Turns out the grandson lives in Katy, goes back and forth between there and Pleasanton where the family place is. My mom is a Methodist preacher's kid, and she started school in Jourdanton, just down the road from Pleasanton. The family moved every few years as her dad was assigned to a new church; they lived all over central Texas.
The family who owned this truck(grandpa bought it new)wanted the truck to go to someone who really wanted it,and not just to someone who would flip it.....
And when I had the VIN number run, this truck is one of a little over 15,000 built in '97. It's very early production, built on September 27, 1996. That date was my dad's mother's birthday.....
A funny about all this was that I live in San Antonio, and was in Houston when all this was going on. Lolol

It’s cool to have some sort of history on the truck.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
A funny about all this was that I live in San Antonio, and was in Houston when all this was going on. Lolol

It’s cool to have some sort of history on the truck.
Yes I thought so too! Maybe y'all passed each other on I 10?
I've always thought it was cool when you had a vehicle with a story, or one that's been in the same family for generations (like @SUBURBAN5's for example).

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
No AC on the burb?! That pizza may have been cooked when you got it, but it was more cooked when you got it home! Have you identified what's bad? I used about 40# of compressed air to hunt for the leaks in that dually I flipped, it worked great.

You must be registered for see images attach

I think I used Simple Green to generate the bubbles.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
No AC on the burb?! That pizza may have been cooked when you got it, but it was more cooked when you got it home! Have you identified what's bad? I used about 40# of compressed air to hunt for the leaks in that dually I flipped, it worked great.

I think I used Simple Green to generate the bubbles.
One of the problems is that the blower doesn't blow. I haven't been able to see whether it's the motor,or the switch or resistor. Until I can see what that is and rectify it, I can't do too much about getting it going.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
At the garage, getting the hydro boost unit replaced. Getting a reman; no new ones are available from their suppliers. Gonna be $600, so this is now a $5500 truck.....

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
At the garage, getting the hydro boost unit replaced. Getting a reman; no new ones are available from their suppliers. Gonna be $600, so this is now a $5500 truck.....
Still not terrible. And it's still a better platform than anything in the past 10 years.