Rawhide and The Burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
As long as it's less than 40 foot, I can fit it.
I wish I had that much room. With my front bumper at the front of the driveway my trailer ball is hanging out into the "sidewalk" area of the drive way. I sort of want to know how many people walking down the sidewalk at night have ran into it.

RedneckWithPaychecks

454/350 x (4x4)²
Reaction score
I wish I had that much room. With my front bumper at the front of the driveway my trailer ball is hanging out into the "sidewalk" area of the drive way. I sort of want to know how many people walking down the sidewalk at night have ran into it.
I wish I had the full potential of my driveway, but well, this image kinda sums it up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Wife doesn't agree but how is a broken 4L60 NOT a cool thing?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Some places are real persnickety about parking on the sidewalk (as in your vehicle hanging over). The town next to where I grew up is like that, and they are not very car people friendly at all. Many of the Houston suburbs have that problem....

smdk2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Some places are real persnickety about parking on the sidewalk (as in your vehicle hanging over). The town next to where I grew up is like that, and they are not very car people friendly at all. Many of the Houston suburbs have that problem....
I am lucky and don't have worry about that. It doesn't go much into the sidewalk. Maybe 6-8 inches. Maybe someday I will get bills paid off and I can make the drive way longer.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
This afternoon I got the fuel filter changed, and Rawhide runs a lot better! The rough idle is almost gone, so hopefully a couple more tanks of gas will get rid of the rest of the old stuff.
Will eventually do a "tune up"(cap, rotor and plugs) but that seems like it can wait till next paycheck. I'm going to use the UMP vented cap and blue rotor with the brass contacts; I've been very pleased with them on the Burb. One nice thing about both trucks having the same engine, what works for one, should work for the other.
Also changed the left side taillight circuit board out, I figured it was bad when new bulbs didn't make the turn signal and brake light on that side work. Now no more hyper flash,yay! Guess there was a reason I was saving those old taillights off the Burb....

Dravec

Unashamed 400 addict. Best. Trucks. Ever.
Reaction score
I recommend dumping in a full bottle of Marvel Mystery Oil in the next couple three tanks of fuel. Should really help clean stuff up.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This afternoon I got the fuel filter changed, and Rawhide runs a lot better! The rough idle is almost gone, so hopefully a couple more tanks of gas will get rid of the rest of the old stuff.
Good news!

Will eventually do a "tune up"(cap, rotor and plugs) but that seems like it can wait till next paycheck. I'm going to use the UMP vented cap and blue rotor with the brass contacts; I've been very pleased with them on the Burb.
I think that's what I fitted to mine last year (though the rotor box has WVE on it). Whatever it was it's all working fine. The brass contacts were the 'must have' for me. The original cap had terminals made of what looked like an alloy of lead and chalk but had originally been aluminium at some time.

One nice thing about both trucks having the same engine, what works for one, should work for the other.
Yep, and, you can swap bits over to diagnose a faulty component if needs be.

HotWheelsBurban

Reaction score
Good news!

I think that's what I fitted to mine last year (though the rotor box has WVE on it). Whatever it was it's all working fine. The brass contacts were the 'must have' for me. The original cap had terminals made of what looked like an alloy of lead and chalk but had originally been aluminium at some time.

Yep, and, you can swap bits over to diagnose a faulty component if needs be.
May be doing a bit of that tomorrow. Had to go to work this morning, then the phone store( the Nokia that I've had for 14 months is being discontinued so they want to set me up with a Motorola).