Rat rod Monte

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I picked up a 1970 Monte Carlo roller a few years back for next to nothing, it’s been sitting around on the back burner for a few years now cuz I just haven’t had the time for it but I got it for so cheap I was not trying to off it I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it the second I laid eyes on it for the first time.

fast forward now about 3 years, a bust of mine has this 78 vette with 70k miles runs real good has the original 0010 block pink rod 350 in the car that don’t leak smoke runs good. He is 5.3 ls sealing the vette so I was able to score the 350 basically clutch fan to flywheel, oil pan to air filter, accessory’s, starter, distributor, down to the belts and spark plugs for $500 has had a recent cam upgrade new replacement water pump, alternator everything has been well maintained.

You must be registered for see images attach

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a th350 laying in the garage with a new converter I had got for another project that ended up getting something else so hey spare parts are free game. So yesterday we bolted the motor and trans together, bent up some nice trans lines, I ordered a cheap set of no frills long tube headers from Jegs and now I have a 1970 Monte rat rod build under way. I will post updates as I do things to the car, it needs a good cleaning and a complete break system but it’s gonna be a fun car to get running and driving and just cruse it ... that’s my plan

The writing on the windshield is what I had it up for sale for cuz I almost had no place to store it when I got it but I was able to tough it out and now we have a pet project under way

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol completely agreed. it was a quick deal my buddy had the motor up for sale on Monday and it was in the car with a transmission and headers bolted to it by Friday, she definitely needs a good cleaning lol

97 bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was going through the garage today and came across the new power steering pump which was waiting for something with a small block Chevy to come along and be put in. I had to rob a pulley off a scrap pump but After I do tie rods bushings and ball joints the steering should work like new again.

I have a bunch of spare parts that are going on this, gonna be a budget spare parts build for the most part. I plan on doing 4 wheel disk breaks just to make it more drivable, and new plumbing for the breaks and fuel of course.

Those r the cheep headers that went on it from Jegs, for $130 they fit dam good.