Rare paint codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
WA9927 you say?
That'd be Dark Hunt Club Red; my 96 K2500 is this color. Research shows it was a 94-96 only color, I think there was another member on here with a 96 K3500 that got wrecked, but it was the same color as our trucks before he rebuilt it.

This look familiar?
You must be registered for see images attach
That is beautiful color-I built few models in similar shade.

Dariusz Salomon

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
99-00 only on gmt400s, wa391e "Storm grey metallic", hence the name "Storm".

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk
Works very well this color combo. Idk if it's the winter emphasizing it but it looks great.

Last edited:

artguy1

Reaction score
Been struggling trying to nail down the color of my 1992 short box. Finally found the paint match_my glove box info has been worn down like everybody else's. 1992 didn't have this color listed, but it is Bright Teal Metallic WA9794 or 38. This short box has the ZR1 package but has only the 4x4 graphic on the bed.?? I read that the RPO Code TGK refers to a special paint order. Any info about this color vs. 1992 year welcome.

Attachments

• 1992 Silverado Short Box_WA9794 Bright Teal Metallic.jpg
    1992 Silverado Short Box_WA9794 Bright Teal Metallic.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Paint match WA9794.jpg
    Paint match WA9794.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 16
  • SPID_1992_Silverado.jpg
    SPID_1992_Silverado.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 18

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Been struggling trying to nail down the color of my 1992 short box. Finally found the paint match_my glove box info has been worn down like everybody else's. 1992 didn't have this color listed, but it is Bright Teal Metallic WA9794 or 38. This short box has the ZR1 package but has only the 4x4 graphic on the bed.?? I read that the RPO Code TGK refers to a special paint order. Any info about this color vs. 1992 year welcome.
RPO TGK is indeed described as "solid, special paint" not sure exactly what that means though.

Your paint code appears to be WE5405 which is medium aqua, a 1992 color. Not common for sure; don't seem to see many of them. It's there on your RPO codes to the bottom left. Give that one a shot..

Also, you said ZR1 but I believe you mean Z71 correct?

Richard

artguy1

Reaction score
RPO TGK is indeed described as "solid, special paint" not sure exactly what that means though.

Your paint code appears to be WE5405 which is medium aqua, a 1992 color. Not common for sure; don't seem to see many of them. It's there on your RPO codes to the bottom left. Give that one a shot..

Also, you said ZR1 but I believe you mean Z71 correct?

Richard
Hello Richard
Many thanks for your info. Yes, Z71 package, correct Sir. I will look into WE5405. I'll give that a shot, you're the best

Greg P

Hipster

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the wa on the tag nowhere near looks like it's wa-97xx and the color us usually called out in the rpo with a 2 digit number which i'm not seeing either.

You're trying to match the outside, what are the jambs and underhood? Possible wrong tag in truck or has been repainted?

"solid paint" would mean non metallic, if you're looking to have paint work done it can be computer/camera matched for a mixing formula. A call to a gm dealer with the vin# could clarify what wa#

Last edited: