Rare paint codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saren42

Reaction score
I'll see if I can dig it up, I have some of the original, but not the order sheet. So metallic dar blue is a 3 stage paint with the metallic base, pearl midcoat and the clear, so being that it was special ordered I would guess this variation is whatever the guy at GM came up with when he got the order. I think it's heavy on the pearl, more so than usual anyways, but when shoot it this spring I'll be doing an exact match and will let you guys know what formula we came up with to replicate it!

So like, has anyone seen this person come back with the paint info? My truck is a 96 k1500 in Victory Red, and that paint, is amazing, and I'd love to get that sprayed on my truck, after getting the bodywork done.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Have any of y’all ever seen a Gmt400 with this paint combo? The truck was originally bought new by my grandpa and now belongs to my dad. I have never seen another one like it anywhere.

You must be registered for see images attach

I like it, never seen white / brown combo like that, nice truck

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Have any of y’all ever seen a Gmt400 with this paint combo? The truck was originally bought new by my grandpa and now belongs to my dad. I have never seen another one like it anywhere.

You must be registered for see images attach

No, but that is cool!

Did your grandpa or dad put the white mirrors on? IIRC all the trucks that got those style mirrors besides maybe the Escalades and Denalis got black ones. Also judging by the grille and wheels the truck is a '93 or older, so it should've had the older style chrome mirrors from the factory.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
No, but that is cool!

Did your grandpa or dad put the white mirrors on? IIRC all the trucks that got those style mirrors besides maybe the Escalades and Denalis got black ones. Also judging by the grille and wheels the truck is a '93 or older, so it should've had the older style chrome mirrors from the factory.

has 88-89 quad headlights

Ben Barrow

Reaction score
No, but that is cool!

Yes my dad preferred the 1995+ mirrors. We had an extra set laying around so he painted them and put them on. The older chrome ones are in a box now haha. And you are correct. The truck is a 1988. 88-89 had the split head lights also.