Rare paint codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Taterbug

Reaction score
That's aftermarket chrome trim. LMC and a few others sell it. Prepare for the worst if you ever decide to remove it, people commonly use it to hide rust issues.

I figured it was, didn't see anything for it in any of my research materials. I've been worried about rust and stuff hiding under it, but when I was buying the truck that was one of my biggest concerns anyway. I took a screwdriver to the other side of the body panels and couldn't get it to pierce nor could I get anything to come loose. I live in NC so we don't have "major" rust issues, but still do see it from time to time. I've owned three of these obs trucks ECSB (this one included) and 2 tahoes, and out of those 5 vehicles only 2 didn't have a single spot of rust, but all of them didn't have unrepairable rust. I originally wanted to remove it but it's been growing on me a little bit. I hope there's nothing behind it but I'm pretty confident, the truck is 170k mile original and I can't find a speck of rust anywhere, and the interior is in pretty good shape too. I'm actually thoroughly surprised and a bit nervous lol.

Probably not chrome, more likely stainless steel. My flatbed has them as well.
It might be, It does look and feel similar in material to the stainless steel pieces in the 68's wood bed. Whatever it is, it's been growing on me. When I first got the truck I was going to take it off but now I'm not sure. Doubt I'd be able to sell it to anyone around here if I did take it off.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
You'd end up ruining the panels by removing them, lol. I like the stainless rockers, they fit with the time period of these trucks.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Here is a photo of that 97 only color, I don't know what it is but some photos just make this color look entirely different although I ensure you it is that 97-only color lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Then my buddy Joe had a 90 Sierra SLX with this white/blue two tone, I've seen very few in this combo, we also had another friend with a similar 88 K2500 Ex Cab but it was Silver and Blue instead.

Here is a photo of that 97 only color, I don't know what it is but some photos just make this color look entirely different although I ensure you it is that 97-only color lol

Then my buddy Joe had a 90 Sierra SLX with this white/blue two tone, I've seen very few in this combo, we also had another friend with a similar 88 K2500 Ex Cab but it was Silver and Blue instead.

That white with the light blue (around my house we call it Pontiac engine blue)color combo is what my old trusty 90 R2500 Burb was. The front end was doing the paint peeling like they do, and being a Burb there were acres of dark blue velour inside. But that was a good old truck.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
That white with the light blue (around my house we call it Pontiac engine blue)color combo is what my old trusty 90 R2500 Burb was. The front end was doing the paint peeling like they do, and being a Burb there were acres of dark blue velour inside. But that was a good old truck.
Nice, that's what our 91 R2500 Burb looked like as well before my dad painted it a nice navy blue, had blue interior as well.

98chevy2500SS

Reaction score
Never seen one in person that’s the exact same color as mine. It’s a bright teal metallic. I believe they only had it for 95-96. It was a custom order from the factory in 96.
Love the teal. Has yours been repainted or is that the original paint?

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
there was a GM color called blue green chameleon it had other names on other brands and vehicles in the GM line up
i have seen some Tahoe's that color or close to it.
I think that color started on the 800 series, but it would look great on a 400 too. Very pretty on curves.