Rare paint codes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saddletan90

Reaction score
My paint code, and truck in general seems rare. ‘94, TBI 350, NV3500, manual windows and locks, a/c, needle gauges with tach, and a posi rear.

The paint color is hard to find, I’ve never seen another in person. It’s a dark brown with gold and silver flakes in it, which is where I got the name “24 Karat Brown”
You must be registered for see images attach
It almost has a slight yellow tint to it. Unfortunately it needs to be repainted, but I’m lucky it’s in the condition it is already

In case someone asks, the RPO codes have all faded away and can no longer be read

Man I like that color...

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
This thread got me interested in just knowing the names, my two tone is Bright Teal / Ultra Silver Mettalic, which is not terribly rare but I like it.

the interesting part is, I just looked at the build sheet I bought for $5 off the VIN decoder website. Everything on the sheet checks out with the truck except for the paint color. It shows up on the build sheet as Magenta Metallic (hot pink !!!). So I went out to the glove box to confirm and the codes in the glove box are definitely Teal/Silver.

So moral of the story is don’t believe every report you buy for $5 online!

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the colors are of my truck? And what is the color for the stock rims?

Taterbug

Reaction score
Since the topic has been revived, anybody have any idea what the deal is with the Chrome “two-tone” on my truck is? Paint code comes back Victory Red and didn’t see anything about a two tone or chrome anything, so I assume it isn’t factory, but I’ve never seen an aftermarket chrome trim piece like that before.

It’s like a multi piece full length metal cover that’s chrome finished. Goes right below the trim, matches the chrome bumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Since the topic has been revived, anybody have any idea what the deal is with the Chrome “two-tone” on my truck is? Paint code comes back Victory Red and didn’t see anything about a two tone or chrome anything, so I assume it isn’t factory, but I’ve never seen an aftermarket chrome trim piece like that before.

It’s like a multi piece full length metal cover that’s chrome finished. Goes right below the trim, matches the chrome bumpers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's aftermarket chrome trim. LMC and a few others sell it. Prepare for the worst if you ever decide to remove it, people commonly use it to hide rust issues.