Ram horn

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

884x4310ci

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well a buddy of mine has a set. And he would give them to me.
If I would know if they fit I would put them on with a 2.5 inch dual exhaust.

retorq

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would imagine you're going to have steering shaft clearance issues. Just get correct shorty headers and run duals if that's what you're wanting.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see them loosely fitted in there ....I like the old look of the classic ramhorns and have heard factory exhaust class dirt racers always use the ramhorns because they supposedly flow better than logs..... I have even seen a few new castings offered with 2.5 inch outlets....

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would be interesting to see them loosely fitted in there ....I like the old look of the classic ramhorns and have heard factory exhaust class dirt racers always use the ramhorns because they supposedly flow better than logs..... I have even seen a few new castings offered with 2.5 inch outlets....

There are a couple of generator manufacturers that use the 2.5" ramshorns, but even a set of small 1 1/2" primary shorty headers will run off the leave the ramhorns in HP while making ALOT more torque. As far as flowing better than logs, some of the newer G-vans in the 90s used a set of 2.25" outlet logs that flow fairly well, enough for more than 300 HP at the crank. A LT1 F-car manifold from the 90s is probably better than the ramshorns and I have zero doubt in my mind the manifolds from a mid 90s LT1 corvette would blow the ramshorns out of the water while being more durable.

89GMCJOHN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Regarding the conversation about logs and ramhorns here - not headers..... Vette engineers in 65 used ram horns on the 375 hp f.i. 327 ........Im pretty sure these free manifolds your buddy is giving you will flow fine on your 1988 .

There are a couple of generator manufacturers that use the 2.5" ramshorns, but even a set of small 1 1/2" primary shorty headers will run off the leave the ramhorns in HP while making ALOT more torque. As far as flowing better than logs, some of the newer G-vans in the 90s used a set of 2.25" outlet logs that flow fairly well, enough for more than 300 HP at the crank. A LT1 F-car manifold from the 90s is probably better than the ramshorns and I have zero doubt in my mind the manifolds from a mid 90s LT1 corvette would blow the ramshorns out of the water while being more durable.