Rally Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Does anyone do a reproduction of the van wheels or do y’all know how hard they are to find? I like the smaller wheel look. I have read that you have to trim the caliper in a spot to make the 15’s fit?
The van's did not come in a 6 lug that I know of.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The K1500's got those 12-slotted steel 16's, not sure if the C2500 light duty came with the same ones. I think the backspacing is a little different on the slotted. The very few steel 16's I've seen on C2500 LD's were completely plain without the slots, painted silver, and had the plain black center caps. My red/white '88 C2500 LD parts truck I had during the rebuild of my '92 had them, and my black '94 C2500 LD had one as the original spare. Don't see too many of them as all the other C2500 LD's I've owned/seen already had wheels swapped with aftermarket, or later model OEM.

This was the spare from my '94 C2500 LD - essentially the same wheel as a plain steel 16" 8 lug from a regular C2500, but 6 lug instead..
You must be registered for see images attach

What's funny is this plain wheel is so "rare" it doesn't even come up as a choice on car-part's "Wheel w/image" search, only the slotted one.

Richard
Good to know! I was basing my information on the 99 Suburban ordering book, that was posted on here recently as a pdf. A lot of good info in this document. I found out that dry weight of my Burb is around 5000 pounds. I'd figured it was heavier than that....thanks

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
The van's did not come in a 6 lug that I know of.
There's a version of the 5 lug aluminum wheel that was used on vans, that has a slightly different shape to the triangular part where the small spokes are. Not very common, but if you know what you are looking at, the difference can be seen.

1BAD94Z71

Reaction score
Nope they had the 12 slot 16x6.5's for the GMT400 trucks. You can find a set of 15x8 6 lug rally wheels pretty easy.
Would love to know where you can find the 15x8 truck rally's pretty easy. I would take a junk set just to get mine redone. Also if anyone knows where I can find some 15x3" beauty rings in good shape , round lip not the square lip contact me @ [email protected]. Thanks.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
Look on FB marketplace local to you, check car-part.com etc.. I found 4-5 sets by me with in a few min of just browsing.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Sorry to revive an old thread, I was also wondering about the square body 15x8 rally's myself tonight... I've heard some people say they work without caliper modifications, some say they have to modify it. Hoping someone has a solid answer for this?

JS45

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have heard the same too but have not personally tried it. if i can get my hands on some 15 rallys at a decent price i will. i see in your sig youve got 15s on your 96 do you have any clearance issues with those? how close are they to the caliper?