RainX... err... AutoX!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoJo2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Had a very good time playing in the rain this past Sunday.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaCoupe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like a great time!!!

I did Autox a few months ago in the rain..... with a open diff I didn't do to well however. How did you place at this event?

RoJo2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks like a great time!!!

I did Autox a few months ago in the rain..... with a open diff I didn't do to well however. How did you place at this event?

Not great as I also suffer from oneleggeddog syndrome. Seeing as how this was my first event in this truck, I was more interested in learning than winning. The important thing is that I improved every run... even with the EVO not working properly on my last run and that I was able to drive it back home.

The 4th run was the instructor so I was happy that I was able to beat his time. I was running in novice and 2 of the 4 ahead of me did not have the car owner drive better than my best lap... the instructor in their cars put up their fastest lap.

DaCoupe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Always nice to see improvement in the times :)
What suspension setup you running?

RoJo2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Always nice to see improvement in the times :)
What suspension setup you running?

Standard stuff... Belltech spindles and springs up front and a flip in the rear. I’m about to replace the BT front springs with cut factory springs and see if it gives a better feel as the BT springs are a little too soft for my liking. I’m running the Street Performance shocks. Factory front sway bar and no sway in the rear.

TheAutumnWind

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Standard stuff... Belltech spindles and springs up front and a flip in the rear. I’m about to replace the BT front springs with cut factory springs and see if it gives a better feel as the BT springs are a little too soft for my liking. I’m running the Street Performance shocks. Factory front sway bar and no sway in the rear.

I am curious to see how you compare the cut stock springs with the bt's this isn't the first time I have heard people say that the bts are too soft and that cut stockers may actually be an improvement.

RoJo2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am curious to see how you compare the cut stock springs with the bt's this isn't the first time I have heard people say that the bts are too soft and that cut stockers may actually be an improvement.

I’m hoping it does some good... Sewlow believes in it so I am inclined to believe him. Otherwise if it still sucks, I’ll do like ArdentFab did and buy some stiffer springs from Moog or someone and cut those down.

DaCoupe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the same in my truck. Running drop spindles and springs by Belltexh and its soft for sure.