Rag Joint Delete??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

noabarron3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did it 3 years ago.
A lot better steering. Less slop.
Was $12 at a pick and pull.

You must be registered for see images attach
Awesome. How would you describe your steering before and after? Is it super tight now or was it just minimal improvement? I installed a new gearbox and will do the shaft swap. I’m just hoping it’s not the column...

gric_az

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I replaced my 88 k2500 with the jeep shaft. Also replaced the gearbox twice. The rebuilt ones are complete junk (besides redhead). They just paint and send em out the door.

noabarron3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
here a mod I came up with . GM part number 26015779 its for a c3500 truck but was a bolt on for my 94 k1500.
here is the video that gave me the idea and in the video is the Dorman part number
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
View media item 32281
Thanks for sharing this. It bolted right on to your 1500?
I replaced my 88 k2500 with the jeep shaft. Also replaced the gearbox twice. The rebuilt ones are complete junk (besides redhead). They just paint and send em out the door.
I’m going to have to agree with you there. When I pulled the old one and rocked the pitman arm back and forth there was a reasonable amount of play, the new one had just as much of not more. Thankfully that was not the case on my blazer but I did one for a 1st gen Escalade and I was disappointed in the quality of the remanned part.

stratton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this. It bolted right on to your 1500?

I’m going to have to agree with you there. When I pulled the old one and rocked the pitman arm back and forth there was a reasonable amount of play, the new one had just as much of not more. Thankfully that was not the case on my blazer but I did one for a 1st gen Escalade and I was disappointed in the quality of the remanned part.

YES noabarron3 it bolted right in on my 94 k1500 the pic is it in my truck . truck steers like my 06 colorado that only has 80k on it